What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Super tough. 4500m climbing. A lot of 20-25% climbs. Hot, windy. Was a lot tougher than I was assuming. Went out a bit to hard at the start. The cramps over the last 80km weren’t ideal. would be one of the best organized races I’ve done. I had the route downloaded on the garmin but didn’t need it as the course was well signed. Food and drink stations every 30km approx. All Clif products, fruit, water, electrolyte drinks all supplied.
Less than 50% finished, was tough. Overall was equivalent of doing the odyssey twice. can’t wait for next year!
Awesome, huge day! Definitely on the 2021 list - alongside Grinduro if they find a new date.
Pffft. Haven’t the fitness. Says the man that rode UP and down the mountain at Falls creek. :p
Hah! Yeah; try multiplying it by 4x :oops:

Attachments

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Was there this morning. Tracks are running nice, a tad soft and slow but not dry and sketchy and that’s a good thing!
The tracks were running amazing this arvo. True hero dirt - heck, I'd even say hero dirt Boost. First time running a Rekon Race XC tyre up front at Youies, I honestly expected to die - but the grip was epic instead. I suspect when it dries out and gets sandy I may have different feedback however... :p

PS: I had forgotten how quick XC bikes are. Only nearly binned it once (almost OTB'd going too slow off a ledge into rocks on Junction), but the rest was flowy bliss. And the climbs felt so much easier, haha! (Also much kinder weather today...)

tobbogonist

a registered member
Lake mountain.
She was all kids of slippery. Running bespoke petrol station hydration system after leaving my bladder tubey bit on the kitchen table.
A mate joined me on his entry level hardtail, 100mm travel recons up front. First ride out of lockdown for him. He will sleep well tonight.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I'm the only one not wearing them in the pic, mate who copped the gash managed to miss the part where the padding is. I think everyone just puts up with any discomfort issues. I used to not even wear knee pads until a bad crash where one of the band (the one that now has the gearbox left most in the pic) slipped gears when i was tailgating him. He had pads and got a couple of minor grazes, my knee was cooked for a good month and still bugs me.

Anyway second from the right got XL IXS elbows which are a tad loose so they're coming my way, if they are as good as the knees they should be comfy. I forget I have the knees on sometimes.
Cheers, only started wearing knee pads in the last few years. Might try some elbows when I get some extra funds and see how I get on with them.