COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Why though? Really doesn't seem very community minded
My community is doing a-ok. The boomers are just as wealthy and self centred as they ever were.

The idea was to spread some tourist love to some areas in the south of the state that would have had a really bad year.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
The south of the state probably don't want a dose of the spicy cough that was rife north of the Spit Bridge only two weeks ago.

Although I may not sound it I am sympathetic to you plight of getting away.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The south of the state probably don't want a dose of the spicy cough that was rife north of the Spit Bridge only two weeks ago.

Although I may not sound it I am sympathetic to you plight of getting away.
I'm sure they don't, and I'm happy to stay away if they don't want me.

But fyi to the interstate folks, the northern beaches is a big place and just like the rest of Sydney is a collection of villages that happen to be next to each other.

Avalon is a good 40 minutes drive from me and it's exceedingly rare for someone up that way to come to Manly or the surrounding suburbs. They have their own amazing beaches and it's quicker to catch the bus into town then take the Manly ferry. The hotspot locations bear this out, there was nothing within a 10km radius of me.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
10Kms...do you even live north side? Cases in Newport, Mona Vale, Warriewood, Narrabeen, Belrose, Deewhy, Brookie and Manly.

A couple of cases a damn sight nearer than 10kms around me.

I had to do a shop today and was surprised that the only people not masking up were the ones that looked most likely to be the first cabs off the rank if it gets a proper foothold here, looks like Bondi will take Avalons crown any moment now.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/antimask-...s00AxyhlvYb2w8DJvO5ZrjEMk14Rk_BwJfec86xfzDkNz

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Shit, first news catch up in a week. The country is going off.
Its funny how disconnected I am with no computer.

Hope all goes well for everyone affected in the latest flare ups, shitty time to happen when people are visiting family interstate and kids on holidays.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep , its getting serious there .
Still a lot of " it only affects old people , So it won't get me as I'm 40 ..... a smoker , who is diabetic , with a heart condition ......"

Not seeing it go away anytime soon - as humans are selfish and self destructive .

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So 1 in 50 people in the UK have or have had Covid-19.
Over the past couple of months I have seen FB friends post about losing parents or elderly relatives.
In the last few weeks that has increased including this morning, a bloke who was in my class in secondary school, 48yrs old. He was definitely overweight but don't know if there are any other underlying health issues.
Its no filthy secret any more, people are posting FB status and running commentary on their day and symptoms.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm seeing a lot of people hanging for the vaccine as a solution, which is why vaccines exist. But I'd like to see this thing giving some people motivation to accepting the reality of their unhealthy lifestyle and looking to make positive changes.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
It’s the long term effects, which are still unknown that freak me out. Reports of long COVID, brain issues. Again we won’t know the full fall out for years as they gather more details.
Yep, it's why the "if I get it I get it" crowd has a paucity of imagination. Or limited acceptance of facts. Or are just really stupid. Possibly all three. FFS this thing has been linked to impotence, not to mention all the healthy active 30 somethings in the UK and USA who are suffering from long COVID symptoms that seem akin to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. How you'd be so blase about catching something that even in its infancy seems quite capable of royally fucking you up is beyond me.