The stupid questions thread.

Minlak

custom titis
The trick is to grow something you want, or something low maintenance in these areas. You will always find the worst weeds where weed killers have been used. The weed killer creates the bare soil that the weeds so readily infest.

In amongst pavers you either introduce a nice lichen to keep the obnoxious weeds out, or use steam or flame.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
You can actually use an Aimicide to target individual weeds and not the grass if the grass is desirable in those locations.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Napalm it is. Was looking for better alternatives, seems like there isnt. I might try playing with the mix on the friendly weed killer on a small area. Might be able to get somewhere with it.

Edit: I like the idea of some sort of grassy substance between the pavers. I am however outvoted 1 to 1.

Minlak

custom titis
Napalm it is. Was looking for better alternatives, seems like there isnt. I might try playing with the mix on the friendly weed killer on a small area. Might be able to get somewhere with it.

Edit: I like the idea of some sort of grassy substance between the pavers. I am however outvoted 1 to 1.
AHAHHAHAHAHAAH you are outvoted 1 to 0 - Like you had a vote at all!!!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
From Wikipedia
The half-life of glyphosate in soil ranges between 2 and 197 days; a typical field half-life of 47 days has been suggested. Soil and climate conditions affect glyphosate's persistence in soil. The median half-life of glyphosate in water varies from a few to 91 days.[55] At a site in Texas, half-life was as little as three days. A site in Iowa had a half-life of 141.9 days.[87] The glyphosate metabolite AMPA has been found in Swedish forest soils up to two years after a glyphosate application. In this case, the persistence of AMPA was attributed to the soil being frozen for most of the year.[88] Glyphosate adsorption to soil, and later release from soil, varies depending on the kind of soil.[89][90] Glyphosate is generally less persistent in water than in soil, with 12- to 60-day persistence observed in Canadian ponds, although persistence of over a year has been recorded in the sediments of American ponds.[86] The half-life of glyphosate in water is between 12 days and 10 weeks.[91]
There you go...I learnt something. However, I will still be using it as it's the least evil thing I can do to manage the Coolatai Grass, African Lovegrass and Blue Heliotrope.

mark22

Likes Dirt
From Wikipedia
The half-life of glyphosate in soil ranges between 2 and 197 days; a typical field half-life of 47 days has been suggested. Soil and climate conditions affect glyphosate's persistence in soil. The median half-life of glyphosate in water varies from a few to 91 days.[55] At a site in Texas, half-life was as little as three days. A site in Iowa had a half-life of 141.9 days.[87] The glyphosate metabolite AMPA has been found in Swedish forest soils up to two years after a glyphosate application. In this case, the persistence of AMPA was attributed to the soil being frozen for most of the year.[88] Glyphosate adsorption to soil, and later release from soil, varies depending on the kind of soil.[89][90] Glyphosate is generally less persistent in water than in soil, with 12- to 60-day persistence observed in Canadian ponds, although persistence of over a year has been recorded in the sediments of American ponds.[86] The half-life of glyphosate in water is between 12 days and 10 weeks.[91]
ABC Landline did some research into glyphosate and while it was found in some crops the minute amounts meant a person would have to eat
Glyphosate is bad juju. It is the next big law suit for Monsanto and others. Cant argue with its efficacy but there are enough cases to suggest it isnt carefree like it is advertised to be. I hate the shit.
The minute amounts found in soil or grain is safe and a fraction of acceptable levels. Australian farmers would be stuffed without it. Being able to no till grow has been a game changer for the environment and farming. The alternatives to this product eg Paraquat are really toxic. I don't think the average Joe has any idea what gets sprayed on soil or plants.
If anybody show tell me a safer less residual effective herbicide I will stand corrected and I'm sure Bayer will too.
In the end it's a poison treat it as such when you use it.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Often they are but it’ll be buried somewhere in the frame spec alongside headset type and shock e2e/stroke... “recommended fork 545mm” or something.
Even in the spec it will say something like 120-140mm fork - that changes almost a degree. Then they say 27.5/29 compatible and that munts the rest of the geo like bb drop and all that.

moorey

call me Mia
Even in the spec it will say something like 120-140mm fork - that changes almost a degree. Then they say 27.5/29 compatible and that munts the rest of the geo like bb drop and all that.
Most do say 27.5+/29, which closes the gap.
Except sweet Banshees, where you swap the dropouts and play with chips to get true 26/27.5 and 27.5/29 with correct geo.