What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Got out to Kalamunda, slow as usual but good fun.
Managed to hyperextend my knee coming into a berm with the sun in my eyes, had to stick a leg out so I didn’t go over the top

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
May need to visit the fuckwits thread...

Converted to Shigura brakes because... well, no good reason but I just wanted to give it a crack.

I’m a bit time poor with kids/work through the day and have no well lit space to work at night so managed to get just the front converted last night. Went well.

It was my only chance to ride today so got up and went straight to work converting the rear brake before heading off. Was is a bit of a rush but it went smoothly and I’m on the road out to Silvan.

Halfway there I was thinking about the process and realised I never inserted a new barb after cutting the hose. Fuck.

I squeezed on the brakes before I left and it worked and didn’t spit the hose out so I thought fuck it - I’ll drive on and have a crack. Worst case scenario, it spits the hose out and I ride the front brake for a while.

Turns out it stayed in there fine and I got a full ride in. Winning!

Pretty happy with the lever feel and performance. Feels a bit more solid than the Magura lever and has less dead stroke.

clutters the bars a bit though as they seem bigger and I don’t have a matchmaker solution yet.

I’ll have to get another olive this week and do the rear again - this time with a barb

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
That new Norco Sight goes alright, eh?

Tested it out at Currawong this afternoon. Ate up the climbs, tracking beautifully over the kind of techy stuff that usually has me just pointing the front wheel in the general direction of where I'd like to end up and hoping for the best. Got over a couple of tricky bits I hadn't managed before.

Then we got to the descent, and holy farkin' shyt is this thing fast! Stuff that had the old Sight on the limit had the new one taunting me. "That all you got? Lol!" I found myself braking so much less than on previous rides. I just instantly felt more confident, and it never once proved me wrong.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
It's able to be ridden now, and that's the most positive thing I think I can say about it. I think it's ready to be unleashed on the Rotorburn community...

Brake levers have too much rebound, and the suspension has none. Not sure what I did wrong here, maybe I need to swap the fluids over? And the massive chain crossover to easy gear should be a blast while attempting to get up anything resembling a hill with pogo stick suspension and rubbing discs. All in all some of my finest work

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
It's able to be ridden now, and that's the most positive thing I think I can say about it. I think it's ready to be unleashed on the Rotorburn community...

Brake levers have too much rebound, and the suspension has none. Not sure what I did wrong here, maybe I need to swap the fluids over? And the massive chain crossover to easy gear should be a blast while attempting to get up anything resembling a hill with pogo stick suspension and rubbing discs. All in all some of my finest work

Those cranks are so hot right now

creaky

XMAS Plumper

That beast is worth $3k in covid pricing times !

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

Converted to Shigura brakes because... well, no good reason but I just wanted to give it a crack.

I’m a bit time poor with kids/work through the day and have no well lit space to work at night so managed to get just the front converted last night. Went well.

It was my only chance to ride today so got up and went straight to work converting the rear brake before heading off. Was is a bit of a rush but it went smoothly and I’m on the road out to Silvan.

Halfway there I was thinking about the process and realised I never inserted a new barb after cutting the hose. Fuck.

I squeezed on the brakes before I left and it worked and didn’t spit the hose out so I thought fuck it - I’ll drive on and have a crack. Worst case scenario, it spits the hose out and I ride the front brake for a while.

Pretty happy with the lever feel and performance. Feels a bit more solid than the Magura lever and has less dead stroke.

clutters the bars a bit though as they seem bigger and I don’t have a matchmaker solution yet.

I’ll have to get another olive this week and do the rear again - this time with a barb
Stop. Please.

Coz now your making me look at Magura callipers.

And I've spent enough on brakes.

And I was happy with what I have.

:rolleyes:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

I'm certain I have some olives here if you haven't sorted one out by the time you get around here.

What levers did you end up using? I found the m785 to be too wooden feeling, but the zee levers are perfection. I wonder what some of the newer levers are like, I understand they have a similar push ratio to the old Zee's?

Stop. Please.

Coz now your making me look at Magura callipers.

And I've spent enough on brakes.

And I was happy with what I have.

:rolleyes:
It's the gold standard, once you've tried it theres no way youll be happy with regular shimano or magura again.