Bargain buys thread

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Mezzer in go faster limited edition chrome for anyone looking to upgrade a 650b bike for an advantageous price..

Cheaper here:

https://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/manitou-mezzer-pro-le-mountain-bike-fork-27.5-trav/FK-MT-MP-PP

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was looking at TBE yesterday and had the page still open, when I refreshed the page this morning I got this!

I guess that means the end of decent prices

View attachment 377064
Yeah, the owner sold the business to Trek about 3 months ago. We didn't order anything new in for about 2 months up to the change over.

Have to say, TBE has been amazing to work for (started working there in 2015). I don't think I'll ever work for another bike shop/company that had it's stock control at the same level at TBE. The way the warehouse ran, supplying online across Australia and 6 stores (5 TBE and 1 MyRide) was insane. The POS system, FusionPOS, that they built from the ground up shits all over anything else available on the market. I'm back working at 99 Bikes now and to see a company that basically has an endless supply of money not have a good POS system is crazy.

RIP cheap maxxis tyres and clothing availability in WA.

Last edited:

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
start a new company and apply TBE's system = profit?
If it was that easy! With the inconsistent supply of parts and bikes we'll see for the next 3-4 years minimum, it'd be near impossible to get a business even remotely close to the stage where TBE was. I should write up a post about how well run the machine that TBE was.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Bit hyperbolic in his sales pitch, but this is good buying assuming it's for F&R which is a bit unclear - another listing has "front and rear" in the title, but the Curas are also a flip-flop lever which can be run front or rear, so...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
In for tyre group buy. Not joking.
The 3C MaxxTerra can be bought for the same price from Germany, just need to offset the postage with sealant, chains, pads or whatever else you need.

Currently waiting on 2 packages, BikeComponents (19 days) and Bike24 (4 days), both still in Frankfurt but hoping the BC package moves soon.

It was looking like things were speeding up, the Bike24 has my spokes for my new wheels :rolleyes:

moorey

call me Mia
Assegai don't come in 2.3, the lightest available in 27.5 is 1000g by Maxxis-weight (actual weight probably different lol)
No….I was just trying to excuse their claim, buy taking the lightest possible option from the maxxis 29 range.