What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Passed my 400km target for October. Something is up to shit with the riding time. Left at 4.50am and finished 5.50pm and didn’t take 3 hours of breaks.
Auto pause? Sometimes if you're grinding up a hill you can be below the threshold of forward momentum.

Big day out mate, kudos for getting it done.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
To get back on topic... as in bikes with pedals.

This tree has been down for weeks now, and the lone arrangers haven't cleared it yet. Stuffs up my flow.

Might be my first opportunity to use my new battery saw as a trail fairy...

View attachment 382277
Looks perfect for a little ramp up and over.

Picked it up today in all its glitter purple glory. Going to be shame to bang the used parts onto it.

That looks really nice.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Took my bike up early to do some of the railway heritage trail to get out for a ride without the competitive element of trying to keep up with others on my roadie, and because I didn’t feel like riding trails today.
Only did 6km cos it was harder than I was expecting and the shape I’m in is spherical at the mo.
Things I learnt:
Gravel grinding on a trail bike at trail pressures sucks - I’d have been better taking my roadie with 28c tyres.
My seat was 15mm too low, which I don’t notice on trails but do on the flat. That got fixed.
The gradual up really adds up - 160m or so in the 6km I did before I gave up. What took me 45 minutes and a couple of breathers to get up took me 20 to get back down
The Perth Hills are a nice place to ride through

Anyway, here’s a pic of my bike at my turnaround point

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Agreed on trail bikes being pretty torturous on road/gravel paths. Is your roadie one of the more generously clearanced that could squeeze some 37c gravel tyres in?

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Agreed on trail bikes being pretty torturous on road/gravel paths. Is your roadie one of the more generously clearanced that could squeeze some 37c gravel tyres in?
Just need to reframe that....makes for a great leg day workout is a better way of putting it.

Plus, every road/gravel path is mainly used for wheelies anyway isn't it?

Rorschach

It’s a BMC Roadmachine I’ve got some spare wheels for so I reckon I could squeeze some 32s in there. Officially they take 30s but there’s some room for manoeuvring

Rorschach

Just need to reframe that....makes for a great leg day workout is a better way of putting it.

Plus, every road/gravel path is mainly used for wheelies anyway isn't it?
Yeah my legs are feeling the constant peddling. A weird feeling given there’s normally a break when riding on a trail!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Took my bike up early to do some of the railway heritage trail to get out for a ride without the competitive element of trying to keep up with others on my roadie, and because I didn’t feel like riding trails today.
Only did 6km cos it was harder than I was expecting and the shape I’m in is spherical at the mo.
Things I learnt:
Gravel grinding on a trail bike at trail pressures sucks - I’d have been better taking my roadie with 28c tyres.
My seat was 15mm too low, which I don’t notice on trails but do on the flat. That got fixed.
The gradual up really adds up - 160m or so in the 6km I did before I gave up. What took me 45 minutes and a couple of breathers to get up took me 20 to get back down

I found 15km on it hard on the body in the sense of no respite. Was shocked to see its 300m vertical to Mundaring.

The beauty of never riding a roadie is I don’t see any issue with running DHF2.5/DHR2.4 combo at trail pressures; I felt like they rolled pretty well.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
made a drive side hub adaptor for a sram wheel. DT adaptors don't work on the drive side. we've been here before as a group.

The magical oring the holds the end cap onto the axle is imperative. nothing like the cassette and driver falling off when you go to put the wheel in the bike.

GRR. internal oring groves, fun.

photos later

ausdb

Being who he is
@ashes_mtb I have an old steel 27“ roadie frame in my shed thats about your size. Plenty of clearance for 700c and fat tyres and would make a great "vintage" gravel bike project if you ever feel like dabbling in the dark side.

Rorschach

I found 15km on it hard on the body in the sense of no respite. Was shocked to see its 300m vertical to Mundaring.

The beauty of never riding a roadie is I don’t see any issue with running DHF2.5/DHR2.4 combo at trail pressures; I felt like they rolled pretty well.
Yeah 300m vertical at Kalamunda no worries but 150m at a constant rate is sapping. I’m running DHF/Aggressor at 2.5 so similar, but it feels like dragging a sled behind me

Flow-Rider

Burner
Things I learnt:

That's why we build bikes like this, bugger being that person known to own a Roadie :D.