What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Two friends that I know met in Thailand during the 80's, when pirates stole their money and threw them over board into the ocean. If you want to see some frightening shit, look up the movie about Charles Sobhraj, he was even involved with some lady from Sydney at the time.
The Serpent on Netflix is a good show about Sobhraj

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Used some 2228 mastic to cover the chainstay end on the banshee.
The clear sticker they use there sucks and comes off really easily. So good to replace it with this.
Also did the downtube (no photo) with some 50mm wide. Also sticks really well.

Also patched the inside of that Goodyear (with the ugly sidewall pattern) after getting a cut in the tread last ride. Orangeseal did nothing for the initial puncture except make a mess of my mudguard and the trail.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Yep. Only goal is to ride as long and as far as I can. Hopefully don’t blow up in the first hour, but that is just as likely as any other outcome.

I’m an optimist so I’ve plotted out a course that goes well beyond what I could physically do :p
Three times round the Heritage Trail? Or Kalamunda Loops?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
despite being labelled "XD compatible" the end cap didn't fit inside the XD driver bore. does now. i managed to get it mounted squarely bringing it further out of the jaws. taper doesn't run the full length. very strange

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Started the rot with my grandson… got him a bike for his numero uno birthday.

it was so funny watching him. His tootsies are not long enough yet, for forward movement, but he pushed it around endlessly.

My daughter reckons he’s obsessed.

Most excellent.

View attachment 382253
no 46 sticker kit would complement nicely

Lazmo

Old and hopeless

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
@Lazmo I bet you wish you had never sold the bevel!
100%... though it did fund my first round the world trip, which was life changing for me.

I bought it for $1,700 in very ratty condition. Did a full reno/rebuild and sold it for $5,800... and back in the early 80's that was big dollars. The guy who bought it off me, sold it for $52,000 about 15 years ago, unchanged from my work on it... and who knows what it is worth now.

Last edited:

ausdb

Being who he is
100%... though it did fund my first round the world trip, which was life changing for me.

I bought it for $1,700 in very ratty condition. Did a full reno/rebuild and sold it for $4,800... and back in the early 80's that was big dollars. The guy who bought it off me, sold it for $52,000 about 15 years ago, unchanged from my work on it... and who knows what it is worth now.
Stupid money!
My dad had a general engineering business when I was a kid and it was around the corner from Brook Henry's first business Webrook engineering. My brother and I spent many Saturday mornings wandering around his workshop or cleaning his lathes in return for getting out dirt bike tuned up.