Newly Released Bikes General

moorey

call me Mia
Just went thru the website and it's recommending a 125mm dropper post for my height (185). Doesn't look like it has much insertion depth.
I’m a wee lad of 172cm, but struggle with only having 150mm on the ENR these days after mostly running 170’s. I’ve bought a 200mm for the Stanton build, though I’m 50/50 on whether I’ll be able to reach the pedals.
125mm in this day and age is shite.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Just went thru the website and it's recommending a 125mm dropper post for my height (185). Doesn't look like it has much insertion depth.
But given that the bikes are custom, that could be changed pretty easily.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
But given that the bikes are custom, that could be changed pretty easily.

Sure?

For what it's worth, I am halfway through the podcast on my drive to work and what they are doing does sound cool.
If it is half as good as they say it is, could cause a shake up in the manufacturing thought process

Attachments

creaky

XMAS Plumper
It's a mission trying to find their fit calculator but I got spec'd with a 200mm dropper. They don't specify what seat height this relates to or the ETT (which I always like as a reference.

If I was to go custom, i'd probably go for a 460mm seat tube and 500mm reach but the default geo spec looks otherwise pretty sweet for me.

moorey

call me Mia
It's a mission trying to find their fit calculator but I got spec'd with a 200mm dropper. They don't specify what seat height this relates to or the ETT (which I always like as a reference.

View attachment 389242

If I was to go custom, i'd probably go for a 460mm seat tube and 500mm reach but the default geo spec looks otherwise pretty sweet for me.
Only another $1000 on top of a $6600 frame. Seems excessive for a jigsaw and glue bike to me. Stanton custom sized my frame for free. Just sayin.

Oddjob

Sure?

For what it's worth, I am halfway through the podcast on my drive to work and what they are doing does sound cool.
If it is half as good as they say it is, could cause a shake up in the manufacturing thought process
Nope, but I would be surprised if they couldn't get longer posts into the bigger bikes.

Oddjob

Only another $1000 on top of a $6600 frame. Seems excessive for a jigsaw and glue bike to me. Stanton custom sized my frame for free. Just sayin.
And yet it's still cheaper than a Santa Cruz, Yeti or Pivot.

The technology in the Atherton bikes is way ahead of pretty much every other bike. A single pivot, shed built British bike is like comparing an E-Type to a Porsche Taycan.

Listen to the podcast and note what life the AM frame had lived before it was sent off to the Germans for its DH testing.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yeah, buying the Robot Bike Co patents (or company or however it happened) was a pretty smart move by the Athertons, even if the Robot Bike Co bikes looked better imo. Dave Weagle suspension too.
None of those brands are offering $7500 frames. Not yet anyway.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I agree with this completely, before even listening to the podcast (half).
If I was to walk into that much money for a frame, it would be hard to argue against the Atherton versus any other high end production bike

Oddjob

Yeah, buying the Robot Bike Co patents (or company or however it happened) was a pretty smart move by the Athertons, even if the Robot Bike Co bikes looked better imo. Dave Weagle suspension too.

I'm told the 2023 bikes that you can order now are in the $6500+ price range.

moorey

call me Mia

The technology in the Atherton bikes is way ahead of pretty much every other bike. A single pivot, shed built British bike is like comparing an E-Type to a Porsche Taycan.
Straw man, anyone? All I said that adding $1000 on top to customise the sizing, when it's a modular bike, and already $6500+, seems a bit rough.
Technology in the manufacturing is very impressive, the suspension platform is very beige IMHO.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Yeah but being modular doesn't mean it's easy to make changes... Changing the length of a tube would require most if not all the 3d printed bits changed to adjust the angles... So you're actually paying for the cad work and one off printing time for your stupid 3mm geo change that you won't even notice.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Straw man, anyone? All I said that adding $1000 on top to customise the sizing, when it's a modular bike, and already $6500+, seems a bit rough.
Technology in the manufacturing is very impressive, the suspension platform is very beige IMHO.
To be fair a true custom size is all the tubing lengths to your specs….Stanton just saved money by using a shorter piece of pipe in the same jig then charged you the same coin ;)

Oh and I couldn’t fit any longer than a 180 One Up in my frame unfortunately. Seems like you’ve gone big with everything lately
:D

moorey

call me Mia
To be fair a true custom size is all the tubing lengths to your specs….Stanton just saved money by using a shorter piece of pipe in the same jig then charged you the same coin ;)

Oh and I couldn’t fit any longer than a 180 One Up in my frame unfortunately. Seems like you’ve gone big with everything lately
Lucky the PNW can be reduced. ;)

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

Yeah not a cheap frame and the dropper was enough for me to knock it off the list.

I’m not getting past the suspension linkages…something with such tight lever lengths has gotta rely hard on the shocks damping to control it surely? It ‘looks’ like it’ll be similar to a Pivot…pedals really well but not the plushest.

Dave Weagle must love it when he creates a new linkage….yep, same but different…that’ll be how many thousand dollars?

Oddjob

@kten beat me to it. Making changes to a Stanton would be much more straightforward than running cad, FEA, and then a slicer before hitting print on a state of the art 4 laser printing machine.