The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If your benefit stands to be $4, sure. I assert that those that would benefit in the +10k range would likely rethink their position when faced with it. Theres no shame in it either.
My benefit stands to be a fair bit more than $10k, as it does for most of the anecdotal examples I have. Like I said, you do you; just don't justify it because "everyone would be the same in my position".

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bullshit you would and for fuck sake what makes you think underpriveledged deserve nothing more than soup.

Interesting side note - when I worked in the "aid/relief/development" field a lot of people who get help from soup kitchens say they would enjoy the chance to prepare food for others in need.

Now back to drinking that onion flavoured kool-aid.

nathanm

Eats Squid
the liberals didn't force people to over extend on their mortgage or force 30% of them to to lie on their mortgage applications.

Nothing wrong with the iranian doctor pulling himself up from the worst of possible situations and becoming wealthy. He should be celebrated for his successes. Not ragged on because he worked hard to get where he is.
Of course you miss the point.

and yes the Liberals did do that. You're not real bright are ya bud.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
If you want to see what rich people think about dumb tax cuts just watch what's going on with Liz Truss and her tax cuts in the UK. The bond market vigilantes are back with a vengeance.
I had no idea until that robotic deadshit got in that not just MPs but party members can vote for a new PM in the UK. Probably why that dumb af top level tax cut was a serious proposition - solid "fuck you got mine" vibe votes from a bunch of people who will never face an electorate or have any idea (or care) about what's good for the country.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Also, read the report. You are wrong in your assumptions.

47% of over $150k earners support repealing, 29% oppose.
Im not wrong in my assumption (at least not yet) - 150k earners dont stand to make 10k +. Next

But lets just unpack the 150k earners for a sec - 47% support repealing, 29% oppose and the other 24%? Probably abstained from answering so as not to have communists jump down their throat for opposing (don't blame them :p). But in all seriousness without knowing where the other 24% stand, we can say that a minority has supported repealing them, being 47% and all.....if i had to be technical.

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
My benefit stands to be a fair bit more than $10k, as it does for most of the anecdotal examples I have. Like I said, you do you; just don't justify it because "everyone would be the same in my position".
I didn't, i said "most" and I "i think", but if the cuts do come in, care to put your money where your mouth is and donate the lot to a charity of your choosing and post the receipt here?

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Of course you miss the point.

and yes the Liberals did do that. You're not real bright are ya bud.
I didn't, I just chose to respond to that aspect of the froth. Annd no they didnt. I don't accept that those things wouldn't have occurred under any othe government because they've been happening since forever. people overextending is not new. People lying on financial applications to get money is also a time honored tradition.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Oh come on! Name one other, just one other time in the last 200 years where a long term engrained political agenda, culture wars, and propoganda was effective at changing a mass of people??? I bet you fucking can't because it would never have happened.
The NWO is coming and you cant stop it :D

"you'll own nothing and be happy" - World Economic Forum.

Last edited:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Im not wrong in my assumption (at least not yet) - 150k earners dont stand to make 10k +. Next

But lets just unpack the 150k earners for a sec - 47% support repealing, 29% oppose and the other 24%? Probably abstained from answering so as not to have communists jump down their throat for opposing (don't blame them :p). But in all seriousness without knowing where the other 24% stand, we can say that a minority has supported repealing them, being 47% and all.....if i had to be technical.

Hahaha maybe they didn't want their wealthy friends jumping down their throat for taking their cuts away, you don't know and you can't go and change these stats based on your agenda and assumption that everyone as welathy as you is just like you. Nice try.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Hahaha maybe they didn't want their wealthy friends jumping down their throat for taking their cuts away, you don't know and you can't go and change these stats based on your agenda and assumption that everyone as welathy as you is just like you. Nice try.
I didnt change the stats. A minority (47%) of people earning 150k supported repealing them. Those are your stats. :D

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
You're having way too much fun today, stirrer.
Im resolute in my position and Im not ashamed of it, like some people would like me to be. That's not stirring. But the stuff about the stats is, because its technically true and works in my favour. Sue me lol

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
the liberals didn't force people to over extend on their mortgage or force 30% of them to to lie on their mortgage applications.

Nothing wrong with the iranian doctor pulling himself up from the worst of possible situations and becoming wealthy. He should be celebrated for his successes. Not ragged on because he worked hard to get where he is.
You do know the whole “pull yourself up by your bootstraps” a lesson in how that’s impossible right…?

And trickle down economics. I am old and cynical and not much surprises me these days, but it still does my head in that people still think like this.