What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

slowmick

38-39"
What’s a tyre lever got to do with a compressor? Once the tyres on it should inflate no problem with track pump especially if it it’s a bitch to get on. Order yourself an adapter for the valve and if you hit problems take it to the servo and use theirs. Or buy a cheap compressor. Very useful tool.
In saying that it’s been a couple of years since I needed to use my compressor and that was only because the old shaggged tyre was too loose. Nothing another round of tape won’t fix.
I have the schraeder adapter but I get a bit nervous driving to the servo with an ill fitting tyre with sealant sloshing around in the bottom of it inside the car. Gets the job done. You even have a ute

Jpez

Down on the left!
I have the schraeder adapter but I get a bit nervous driving to the servo with an ill fitting tyre with sealant sloshing around in the bottom of it inside the car. Gets the job done. You even have a ute
Even more reason to truck on down to Bunnings and pick up a cheapy compressor for those stubborn ones.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I just broke a tyre lever trying to put on this WTB Trail Boss Tough tyre. It's an absolute fucker!

I'm going to ask the LBS nicely if I can use their compressor.
If you need tyre levers you're doing it wrong.

Even with the spank rims I have (they have a protruding rim bed), I don't need levers to get the WTB tyres on (or off).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

I life never a servo. Aside from regularly inflating my own tyres there, I have performed a number of tubeless conversions for friends at the servo. The process can create quite a scene. Fortunately I have not been blasted in tubeless jizz yet. I do hope that when the time cums the attendant rushed to my aid with the spill kit

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I life never a servo. Aside from regularly inflating my own tyres there, I have performed a number of tubeless conversions for friends at the servo. The process can create quite a scene. Fortunately I have not been blasted in tubeless jizz yet. I do hope that when the time cums the attendant rushed to my aid with the spill kit
Nar. The attendants are too busy making barista coffees. ;)

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Where's the fun in going to the servo?

Much more fun to sneak around and use your neighbours car tyres

Works a treat too. If I haven't been able to seat a tyre with my floor pump, I've done it using the above method.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
What’s a tyre lever got to do with a compressor? Once the tyres on it should inflate no problem with track pump especially if it it’s a bitch to get on. Order yourself an adapter for the valve and if you hit problems take it to the servo and use theirs. Or buy a cheap compressor. Very useful tool.
In saying that it’s been a couple of years since I needed to use my compressor and that was only because the old shagged tyre was too loose. Nothing another round of tape won’t fix.
I use a tyre lever because I don't have a compressor so I like to pull the beads to the rim edge then inflate.

Update: I'm a fuckwit. I used a Nukeproof tubeless valve which was leaking air (wasn't air tight).

I just had another go and *pop* beads seated correctly!

What a fantastic feeling :)

I think I'll clean the bike while they wheel's off.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Rode past Eaglemont on the grav bike the other week and noticed the jumps had had a rebuild. Almost worth riding out there on the big bike now!
I promise I did consider it at the time, but (excuses incoming) getting speed up on the track in the damp conditions was hard going and the cross winds were alarming. Plus it was cold. And I wasn't wearing my full face. And the vibe wasn't right. And (etc.)