What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Go to Repco or Supercheap and buy a compressor with a tank, they are under $200 and pull your roadside assist card at Repco for 20% off.

Alternatively, Scumtree and Facebook have dozens of secondhanders for $100.

It's going to get used regularly and inflates tyres 100% of the time, no fcking about with trips to the servo or worrying that your floor pump might not do it.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Go to Repco or Supercheap and buy a compressor with a tank, they are under $200 and pull your roadside assist card at Repco for 20% off.

Alternatively, Scumtree and Facebook have dozens of secondhanders for $100.

It's going to get used regularly and inflates tyres 100% of the time, no fcking about with trips to the servo or worrying that your floor pump might not do it.
I don't have $200 to splash out on something I'd use a few times a year and I haven't needed one so far. My tyre didn't inflate because the tubeless valve was shit.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
What part do you think doesn't work?
Using tyre levels to seat the bead. If your bead is all wobbly, try taking the tyre out of its packaging, "popping" the folded sections out so the tyre's in it's natural, round shape and letting it sit on the ground for a few days before mounting. Shouldn't need to do anything other than tip some sealant in and pump it up after that.

Jabubu

Using tyre levels to seat the bead. If your bead is all wobbly, try taking the tyre out of its packaging, "popping" the folded sections out so the tyre's in its natural, round shape and letting it sit on the ground for a few days before mounting. Shouldn't need to do anything other than tip some sealant in and pump it up after that.
It's a pre-loved tyre. New tyres aren't as uncooperative!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I don't have $200 to splash out on something I'd use a few times a year and I haven't needed one so far. My tyre didn't inflate because the tubeless valve was shit.
I use mine on every tyre change, the $120 Repco 25L compressor is probably 8-10 yrs old now.
New tyre, no valve, hit with comp, inflated and seated in 3 seconds. Finger over valve stem and screw in presta valve. Top up to required pressure. Complete job done in less than 30 seconds.

Can't be fucked messing with a pump, I did it for years and won't go back there.

Jabubu

I use mine on every tyre change, the $120 Repco 25L compressor is probably 8-10 yrs old now.
New tyre, no valve, hit with comp, inflated and seated in 3 seconds. Finger over valve stem and screw in presta valve. Top up to required pressure. Complete job done in less than 30 seconds.

Can't be fucked messing with a pump, I did it for years and won't go back there.
To be fair, I've only needed to worry about my tyres but with two more MTBs on the scene, it might be worth a look further down the line.

Did you have to buy a Presta adapter separately for yours?

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode it to work. Noticed the creak was back :mad:
Rode it home again. Almost went backwards due to the wind!

Went to take photos of the Altitude so I can list it for sale. Noticed that the tires have deflated again :mad:. Fuck knows what'd going on them. New rubber, new sealant, new valves but they don't stay up. The rim seems ok so maybe tape is the issue...

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Rode it to work. Noticed the creak was back :mad:
Rode it home again. Almost went backwards due to the wind!

Went to take photos of the Altitude so I can list it for sale. Noticed that the tires have deflated again :mad:. Fuck knows what'd going on them. New rubber, new sealant, new valves but they don't stay up. The rim seems ok so maybe tape is the issue...
M8, it’s for sale. Buy 2 toobs and job done.
“yeah she seals up mint, never goes flat”

RastaRuss

Likes Dirt

I've had a small compressor from Supercheap for 14 years, use it all the time. Hand pumps are for wan.....ng