What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
The well worn tyre inflating gun. This is a straight though gun from the tank with no restrictions or reducers to slow the flow/volume. Press the handle down and full pressure out the nozzle.

The brass fitting in the end is a presta-schrader adaptor, I change it out every few years as the O-ring gets worn.

It doesn't get screwed on, its a push fit as the valve sits nicely in the adaptor, sealed by the O-ring.

Inflates a 2.5 tyre from sitting baggy on the rim to sealed and popped on the bead in ~2-3 seconds.

View attachment 400699
This photo brings back memories of my grandfathers workshop… REALLY FUCKING LOUD MEMORIES.

PSSSSHHHHH PSSHHHHH PSSHHHHH BANG!!

For peaty’s sake. Use ear and eye protection when inflating your tubeless tyres kiddos!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
PSSSSHHHHH PSSHHHHH PSSHHHHH BANG!!
Around 2008, me and a mate were making his non tubeless Mavic rims tubeless at the local servo.

The bang had us both deaf ! The servo workers rushed out to see what had exploded and the people pumping fuel were hiding behind their cars.

There was sealant in our eyes, mouth, hair... fckn everywhere. We were trying to talk and couldn't hear each other o_O

Luckily I have never experienced this since.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Blackburn Wayside gets top reviews. Got one on my eeb.

The Spech sideloader is apparently very good, if you dont mind a Spech logo on your bike.

I have the BikeComponents home branded side loader on another 2 bikes with zero bottle ejections. Good price too.

There is a few threads on MTBR of bottle spitting side loaders.

Jabubu

let you google that for me

The Spech sideloader is apparently very good too.

I have the BikeComponents home branded side loader on another 2 bikes with zero bottle ejections. Good price too.

I have a Canyon side loader on mine, it's been excellent so far.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Works a treat too. If I haven't been able to seat a tyre with my floor pump, I've done it using the above method.
I tried this method and had high hopes but must have messed it up along the way. Couldn't get enough high initial pressure blast to seat it.

I don't have a decent compressor. Kudos to the Airshot. Worked first go.

The Fillmore valves are way overpriced but seem to do as they say on the box.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Around 2008, me and a mate were making his non tubeless Mavic rims tubeless at the local servo.

The bang had us both deaf ! The servo workers rushed out to see what had exploded and the people pumping fuel were hiding behind their cars.

There was sealant in our eyes, mouth, hair... fckn everywhere. We were trying to talk and couldn't hear each other o_O

That must have made for some awesome security footage!!!

Forgot to post my own news! I spent a few hours in the garage last night tinkering. Swapped some things around on some bikes...new bits here and there, some items sent away, others tossed in the bin. There are some big changes on the way! Stay tuned to the pyr sub forum for details in the coming weeks.

I also have a couple of 26 inch 1 1/8 straight steerer forks that I will be selling. Perfect upgrade for the squids or that special someone who only wants to ride to the shops. Will be upping my for sale game when the bike rebuilds are done.

Then today rode one of my bikes on the local lumps with a new bar and stem combo. Tiny differences on paper...huge differences in the air!!!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title

The Spech sideloader is apparently very good, if you dont mind a Spech logo on your bike.

Luckily the Zee only has a tiny logo on it
I've never had a bottle come out luckily

1687764685455.png

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Holy crap. Growing up Dad had a fully kitted out workshop. Had a flat and I just wanted to ride my bike. Gaff tape on the tube and put all back together inflating with the air compressor and BANG - frigging thing exploded. Ears ringing. Kept some spare tube repair kits after that on hand.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sham show? Come on...we are well informed bicycle enthusiasts that regularly participate 8n our chosen special interest activity.