Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

Flow-Rider

Burner
China Embassy Rips ‘Brutal’ Russia Border Incident in Rare Move
  • Several Chinese citizens denied entry on July 29, embassy says
  • Embassy demands that Russia provide ‘satisfactory answer’

China’s embassy in Moscow blasted what it called a “brutal” handling by Russian authorities of a denial of entry to the country by several Chinese citizens.

“Russia’s brutal and excessive law-enforcement activities in this incident have seriously violated the legitimate rights and interests of the Chinese citizens,” the embassy said in a post Friday on WeChat, the popular Chinese social-media outlet.

The embassy said that five of its nationals were “repeatedly questioned for four hours” at a checkpoint when they attempted to cross the Russia-Kazakhstan border on July 29. Their entry was denied, with their tourist visas being revoked, according to the legation.

The rare criticism stands in stark contrast with the “no limits

” friendship declared by Presidents Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin last year. China has been prominent in refusing to condemn Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, and has overseen a steady strengthening in bilateral economic ties with its northern neighbor.

The embassy said it had made representations to the Russian Foreign Ministry, Federal Security Bureau, and Federal Border Guard Service after officials reviewed a video that was provided by the individuals involved in the incident.

Explanation Demanded

China’s legation went on to say, “It goes against the big picture of Sino-Russian friendship and the growing trend of friendly people-to-people exchanges between the two countries.”

Putin and Xi agreed last year there were “no forbidden zones” in cooperation between their countries, in a joint statement in Beijing days before Russia’s Ukraine invasion.

The language used in the Chinese embassy’s post is more aligned with what the country’s diplomats reserve for protests against Western nations. The post demanded Russia “explain the cause of the incident, take active measures to eliminate the bad influence, and ensure that similar incidents will not recur in the future.”

Russia needs to “conduct a further investigation into the excessive law enforcement activities by border guards and provide the Chinese side a satisfactory answer,” the embassy added.

The remarks came days after a Chinese influencer with nearly a million followers on Douyin, the Chinese version of TikTok, posted a video describing his ordeal at the Russia-Kazakhstan border checkpoint. “Now we have a deep understanding of the broad and profound friendship between Russia and China,” he said.

— With George Lei

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...tm_medium=distro&utm_source=yahooUS#xj4y7vzkg

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
China Embassy Rips ‘Brutal’ Russia Border Incident in Rare Move
  • Several Chinese citizens denied entry on July 29, embassy says
  • Embassy demands that Russia provide ‘satisfactory answer’

China’s embassy in Moscow blasted what it called a “brutal” handling by Russian authorities of a denial of entry to the country by several Chinese citizens.

“Russia’s brutal and excessive law-enforcement activities in this incident have seriously violated the legitimate rights and interests of the Chinese citizens,” the embassy said in a post Friday on WeChat, the popular Chinese social-media outlet.

The embassy said that five of its nationals were “repeatedly questioned for four hours” at a checkpoint when they attempted to cross the Russia-Kazakhstan border on July 29. Their entry was denied, with their tourist visas being revoked, according to the legation.

The rare criticism stands in stark contrast with the “no limits

” friendship declared by Presidents Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin last year. China has been prominent in refusing to condemn Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, and has overseen a steady strengthening in bilateral economic ties with its northern neighbor.

The embassy said it had made representations to the Russian Foreign Ministry, Federal Security Bureau, and Federal Border Guard Service after officials reviewed a video that was provided by the individuals involved in the incident.

Explanation Demanded

China’s legation went on to say, “It goes against the big picture of Sino-Russian friendship and the growing trend of friendly people-to-people exchanges between the two countries.”

Putin and Xi agreed last year there were “no forbidden zones” in cooperation between their countries, in a joint statement in Beijing days before Russia’s Ukraine invasion.

The language used in the Chinese embassy’s post is more aligned with what the country’s diplomats reserve for protests against Western nations. The post demanded Russia “explain the cause of the incident, take active measures to eliminate the bad influence, and ensure that similar incidents will not recur in the future.”

Russia needs to “conduct a further investigation into the excessive law enforcement activities by border guards and provide the Chinese side a satisfactory answer,” the embassy added.

The remarks came days after a Chinese influencer with nearly a million followers on Douyin, the Chinese version of TikTok, posted a video describing his ordeal at the Russia-Kazakhstan border checkpoint. “Now we have a deep understanding of the broad and profound friendship between Russia and China,” he said.

— With George Lei

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...tm_medium=distro&utm_source=yahooUS#xj4y7vzkg
If I was China, a country seemingly hell bent on reclaiming Taiwan via one of the most difficult to achieve methods (an amphibious invasion) with an untested military while surrounded by countries that f***ing hate you, I couldn't think of a better way to test that military then by reclaiming some the bits of Manchuria and elsewhere seized by Russia in the 19th Century, especially given the latter is haemorrhaging so badly in Ukraine they couldn't even muster a major military presence to defend their capital in that coup attempt last month. @johnny may wish to correct this, but I don't see how the CCP wouldn't just waltz in and gain a bundle of "concessions" from Russia in the process. Plus given the current political environment who would lift a finger to stop them?

dazz

Downhill Dazz
If I was China, a country seemingly hell bent on reclaiming Taiwan via one of the most difficult to achieve methods (an amphibious invasion) with an untested military while surrounded by countries that f***ing hate you, I couldn't think of a better way to test that military then by reclaiming some the bits of Manchuria and elsewhere seized by Russia in the 19th Century, especially given the latter is haemorrhaging so badly in Ukraine they couldn't even muster a major military presence to defend their capital in that coup attempt last month. @johnny may wish to correct this, but I don't see how the CCP wouldn't just waltz in and gain a bundle of "concessions" from Russia in the process. Plus given the current political environment who would lift a finger to stop them?
I think old President Xi is also pretty wary of Putin going all "End of Ze World"
1691369226991.png

LPG

likes thicc birds
Russia has a shitload of resources and doesn't have the people to properly to access them. So much of this is just north of China. China has so many people available... Russia needs to be careful with this relationship as China could very easily separate Russia in 2 leaving the sparsely populated resource rich east for the taking.

There are sections where there are only one or 2 roads and 2 railway lines connecting Russia's east to west, all except the BAM railway are very close to the Chinese border.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The China to Russia relationship isn't as good as the CCP think, as @LPG said they pretty much need each other ATM. Makes me wonder if this is part of why CCP has lifted some of the Australian export restrictions.

The stuff going on in the Taiwan straight is a mess, I reckon they'll force some type of political move before they would kill their own people through direct war with each other. The Taiwan struggle is a way that the US and China can intimidate each other, hopefully for the sake of world peace it doesn't start something in the south china sea that spreads a lot further. Certain parts of the economy in China are looking like shit, but I don't think they're in a position to start something.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Taiwan is, by far the #1 priority.

And this is also a factor:

1691489906703.png

I think old President Xi is also pretty wary of Putin going all "End of Ze World"
View attachment 401636

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I bet Prigozhin was on the second jet that turned tail, and returned to Moscow. 7 of the 10 bodies have so far been recovered. Prigozhin is not one of them.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I reckon getting offside a bunch of battle hardened, living on the edge, facing near death on a daily basis, Wagner-ites... may well become a bit of a problem for Putin.

Particularly given that a shjtload of the already disgruntled russian army are sympathetic to them..

Who to trust now...?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'm still surprised Prigozhin stopped his revolution. Surely he knew that from the moment he considered revolting that he was on borrowed time?
He never planned to go to Moscow. His plan was to take Shoigu and Gerasimov in Rostov-on-don. But the FSB uncovered his plans and got S and G out of there not long before Prigo arrived. But, being the master strategist that Prigo is, he didn't have a plan B, so he just kept on rolling until it all got a bit too real. There was zero chance he could take Moscow, none whatsoever.

I can't see anything too bad happening to Putin from all this. Yes, he looks weaker than he did 4 months back, but he already looks weaker than he did prior to the invasion. But he still owns the military, the FSB and the national budget. He's just shown that the most organised and (maybe) capable organisation in the country couldn't take him, so who else is there?

Putin has been weakened, but his enemies remain vastly weaker than him. Little will change in the short to mid-term because of the Wagner thing. The greatest threat to him is if Ukraine routes the Russian forces (and/or has a major break through in the Zaporizhzhia region, cutting the land bridge to Crimea), and that the Russian economy unarguably tanks. If/when this happens, he won't be able to offer anything to anyone anymore and you wouldn't want to be a Russian, because shit will likely get uncertain, to say the least.