AusCycling doesn't just hate MTB...

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Tommy P going by the reporting on the XCC race… pushed 3rd place wide on the last corner to get up on the podium. Quoted the classic Senna “if you don’t take a gap” line when asked about it post race :D
He should, and he has the skills. I think he is THE rider that has the most cause to be thoroughly pissed off with this decision.

May his retribution be beautiful, in stark high definition 4k.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Is anyone still paying these Muppets?
Not me. I let my club membership lapse in 2020, because with lockdowns & shit there was no racing & minimal riding to make it worthwhile. Then the AusCycling shitshow started raising its head, and although it sounded good in concept to merge all disciplines into one body, the more I read, the more it stank of a corrupt bailout of the broke Cycling Australia, and I voted NO when MTBA put it out whether to join or not.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
yeah this is what i was eluding to.

Sure if you're mad keen on racing you'll pay up, but whos out there getting all membershipped up just to feel good about it these days?

I paid my memberships for years regardless of how much racing i was doing, even had the whole family clubbed up. let it lapse and havn't felt even the slighted pang of regret. i feel like i was late to the party on this too, always was slow on the uptake. I reckon the number of people that have done something similar in the last few years wouldn't be insignificant.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'm another one that abandoned it when AusCycling took over and the prices jumped (significantly). I originally had a membership to support the local club and for the insurance in case of a crash, but I don't race anyway - and I already have health insurance, and TPD insurance through my super, etc... So it seemed largely unnecessary for my amateur riding.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I'm another one that abandoned it when AusCycling took over and the prices jumped (significantly). I originally had a membership to support the local club and for the insurance in case of a crash, but I don't race anyway - and I already have health insurance, and TPD insurance through my super, etc... So it seemed largely unnecessary for my amateur riding.
The insurance payouts weren't worth a pinch anyway. The income protection was something like half of what you originally earned and only claimable after three months, or something ridiculous like that.

And as far as I'm aware the club hasn't received any kind of payment from MTBA or Auscycling in the 5 years I've been involved.

Jpez

Down on the left!
The insurance payouts weren't worth a pinch anyway. The income protection was something like half of what you originally earned and only claimable after three months, or something ridiculous like that.

And as far as I'm aware the club hasn't received any kind of payment from MTBA or Auscycling in the 5 years I've been involved.
When I injured myself about a year ago it was too much hassle for too little IF they finally paid out anything. Being self employed and being shortly after covid when my income was all over the shop sealed the deal. I just didn’t bother in the the end.
I renewed my membership though ONLY because I like to do the occasional race.

teK--

Eats Squid

for what you pay, getting 50% of your usual income is actually a really good deal. Normal IP cover only pays up to 75% and the cost is usually several thousand a year depending on how much cover you hold. They to, require you to use up all your paid sick leave and an agreed waiting period (whichever is greater) before you can claim.