Signa Sports with Liquidity issues .... (CRC/Wiggle/Probike/Nukeproof/Vitus)

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I wonder how much they struggled with supply around covid times?

I haven't bought anything from them for years, it's too expensive or out of stock.
I buy off them fairly regularly. Stock is a bit limited at times, but most common items are ok.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I wonder how much they struggled with supply around covid times?

I haven't bought anything from them for years, it's too expensive or out of stock.
Same, was few and far between but the great 2022 fall out, sealed my future purchases with them.

Conti tyres for $159 each is tempting though :eek:

ozzybmx

I'm sure Brexit isn't doing them (Wiggle/CRC) any favours.
It went down hill from the moment Wiggle bought CRC. They were in competition for years, CRC had good prices, great product range, you could call CRC on the phone and speak to a good honest Northern Irish bloke/girl and they could sort an order out over the phone.

Wiggle-CRC, online only and good luck reasoning with a pomme robot.

Wonder is Hope going to have a realignment, they used to be my go to for hubs, brakes, BB's, spacers... anything CNC'd. Recently got a bit up themselves with pricing, thinking they are Chris King or I9.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It went down hill from the moment Wiggle bought CRC. They were in competition for years, CRC had good prices, great product range, you could call CRC on the phone and speak to a good honest Northern Irish bloke/girl and they could sort an order out over the phone.

Wiggle-CRC, online only and good luck reasoning with a pomme robot.

Wonder is Hope going to have a realignment, they used to be my go to for hubs, brakes, BB's, spacers... anything CNC'd. Recently got a bit up themselves with pricing, thinking they are Chris King or I9.
Used to spend 99% of my bike funds there when it was owned by the original owners but I don't think the dollar conversion rate or the geo-blocking has helped either. They took over bike24 when I had all the trouble with them as well.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Used to spend 99% of my bike funds there when it was owned by the original owners but I don't think the dollar conversion rate or the geo-blocking has helped either. They took over bike24 when I had all the trouble with them as well.
+1, CRC was my go to for some time but it just got harder for the same reasons plus shipping costs increased and the thresholds for free shippimg where raised. I am still trying to figure out how AliExpress has bubbled up on my places to buy bike bits list :oops:

ozzybmx

I'm nearly 100% German these days, I tried to buy a fork off Wiggle but they made it difficult :p

I did grab a CRC wheel lately.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Bond rates and liquidity costs are up. Hate to be a business soon. Survival of the fittest for this recessive part of the cycle. Then if you survive you'll gain market share. Will be a lot of belt tightening and weight off-loaded.
Interesting times
its the nature of the cycle (pun intended) Ohhhh we can make money lets sell stuff ---- Ummmm we going broke dont sell stuff - and the left overs get stronger

jrewing

Eats Squid
its the nature of the cycle (pun intended) Ohhhh we can make money lets sell stuff ---- Ummmm we going broke dont sell stuff - and the left overs get stronger
Simple stuff isnt it really. The expensive money will really get the unemployment that the Central Banks have been hoping happen to bring inflation down.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Bond rates and liquidity costs are up. Hate to be a business soon. Survival of the fittest for this recessive part of the cycle. Then if you survive you'll gain market share. Will be a lot of belt tightening and weight off-loaded.
Interesting times
A private equity fund group ( Odyssey ) bought into MTB direct in 2021 so they might be shielded a bit from large credit debt.

Minlak

custom titis
For the first time in ages - You can get discounts on bikes - so the tough times for bike shops are coming as the suppliers will look to hold on to profits as long as possible and the shop will wear the cost of trying to generate sales.