Signa Sports with Liquidity issues .... (CRC/Wiggle/Probike/Nukeproof/Vitus)

teK--

Eats Squid
Is that why so much stuff is out of stock at the moment... they cannot pay their suppliers?

Haven't bought off them for ages, but that's a story we have done to death.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
The article ends on a sombre note

It is not known at this stage which brands SSU might seek to purge in its restructuring.
I found this interesting also.

"The decision comes after the e-commerce giant noted a continued lag in demand for its products in the first nine months of 2023. This demand has remained “significantly below 2022 and pre-pandemic levels”

I assume pre-pandemic with low interest rates, parts were cheaper so people were buying (and free shipping over $100).

Pandemic, everyone buying everything they can.

Post-pandemic, interest rates up, shipping up, pricing up. No-one is buying stuff.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub

"The decision comes after the e-commerce giant noted a continued lag in demand for its products in the first nine months of 2023. This demand has remained “significantly below 2022 and pre-pandemic levels”

I assume pre-pandemic with low interest rates, parts were cheaper so people were buying (and free shipping over $100).

Post-pandemic, interest rates up, shipping up, pricing up. No-one is buying stuff.
Maybe this will reset prices for bikes and bike components? There's always winners and losers.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That Dorado Comp I bought from Wiggle, I offered them the option of refunding me $200 for the 15mm Axle conversion kit and I'd keep it.

Nope... Send it back for a refund.

They had sent me it with the box taped up with clear tape, my address was stuck on to the Manitou box, the box was fucked and probably unsellable as a new fork.

For 3-4 weeks after I pointed out that they were selling a 20mm thru axle fork as a 15mm thru, the advert remained unchanged and still selling them as a 15mm thru.

Next thing the ad disappeared.

Not surprising they are needing a shake up.

Flow-Rider

Burner

High cost of living and mortgages are taking the arse out of the markets.

teK--

Eats Squid
That Dorado Comp I bought from Wiggle, I offered them the option of refunding me $200 for the 15mm Axle conversion kit and I'd keep it.

Nope... Send it back for a refund.

They had sent me it with the box taped up with clear tape, my address was stuck on to the Manitou box, the box was fucked and probably unsellable as a new fork.

For 3-4 weeks after I pointed out that they were selling a 20mm thru axle fork as a 15mm thru, the advert remained unchanged and still selling them as a 15mm thru.

Next thing the ad disappeared.

Not surprising they are needing a shake up.
They reshipped an order that supposedly went missing.

original order arrived weeks later. I only wanted to keep half the items.

Honest me reported it to them, hoping they would let me keep the whole order with a clear conscience.

With tracked auspost the return postage they had to credit me was more than the unwanted portion of the order was worth.

It's these dumb decisions that helped send them broke.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I quite like their own brand DBH clothing- i reckon all my kit is either that or Aldi! Hope that doesnt get dumped.