What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Enjoy, taking a trip to summit cycles are we?

Landscaping look good, maybe north east of the city, plenty or even further out?
I won't be visiting summit. I thought about it, they have some sexy sales.

I have no idea where the landscaping was done. We were in the car for a long time.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Kirsty found a cheap chest of drawers on farcebook, and we were pleasantly surprised at the eagerness of the seller to load it on the trailer for us. Turns out we should have checked it better and they were concealing the huge holes it had in the side. Little fuckers…

Anyhoo, it all worked out as it made me fix it up a bit. Sanded it all back and re lacquered it. And for where the holes were I hit it with the router and laid in a piece of ply. For my first ever time using a router it’s not perfect by any stretch, but for a cheap bit of furniture that’s just for storage duty in Kirsty’s sewing room it worked out ok. And I learned stuff!

IMG_4915.jpeg

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Kirsty found a cheap chest of drawers on farcebook, and we were pleasantly surprised at the eagerness of the seller to load it on the trailer for us. Turns out we should have checked it better and they were concealing the huge holes it had in the side. Little fuckers…

Anyhoo, it all worked out as it made me fix it up a bit. Sanded it all back and re lacquered it. And for where the holes were I hit it with the router and laid in a piece of ply. For my first ever time using a router it’s not perfect by any stretch, but for a cheap bit of furniture that’s just for storage duty in Kirsty’s sewing room it worked out ok. And I learned stuff!

View attachment 405232
Looks great.

zac

Likes Dirt

View attachment 405232
Looks good mate. I just got a router that I'm itching to have a play with, but we've got to move soon so packing and cleaning is taking priority

Haakon

Looks good mate. I just got a router that I'm itching to have a play with, but we've got to move soon so packing and cleaning is taking priority
I reckon it’s the scariest tool I own… Just a battery handheld one. They buck hard if you’re not super careful and the high speed bit would tear open a lot of human meat very quickly…

Quite satisfying to get right though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well... Melbourne generally laid a big juicy turd in my fur again. To top it all off on the flight home I was sat next to a woman too wide for her seat and carrying an infant. Flight from hell! Small child screams and kicks and squirms the whole way. Mum seemingly has no toys to entertain child with so cabin staff give the kid a plastic cup that they proceed to squeeze making an apparently entertaining cracking crunching noise until it is dropped on the floor and more crying follows. To top it off though the child popped out a nice stinky shit about the same time the seat belt sign was turned off. The mum did not bother to change the kid during the flight. Now I am sure that is a tricky task, but this was indeed a true test of me being a grown up.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I reckon it’s the scariest tool I own… Just a battery handheld one. They buck hard if you’re not super careful and the high speed bit would tear open a lot of human meat very quickly…
Many years ago, I did general labouring in my Uncle's boat building factory. The apprentice at the time was trimming the edges of a large quantity of teak strips for handrails with a small Makita router.

Boring, repetitive work that filled the shop with continuous whine that we all let slide into the back of our minds.

Until the whine suddenly went 'bububurrrrrrttt'. The shipwright nearly knocked himself out as he jumped up inside the boat and smacked his head on the bulkhead. Even my Uncle quickly popped out of the office donga. Of course, the apprentice had very neatly routed a large chuck out of the first finger on his left hand.

I won't forget that sound...

Haakon

Well... Melbourne generally laid a big juicy turd in my fur again. To top it all off on the flight home I was sat next to a woman too wide for her seat and carrying an infant. Flight from hell! Small child screams and kicks and squirms the whole way. Mum seemingly has no toys to entertain child with so cabin staff give the kid a plastic cup that they proceed to squeeze making an apparently entertaining cracking crunching noise until it is dropped on the floor and more crying follows. To top it off though the child popped out a nice stinky shit about the same time the seat belt sign was turned off. The mum did not bother to change the kid during the flight. Now I am sure that is a tricky task, but this was indeed a true test of me being a grown up.
and I assume it was a full flight? I’ve asked for another seat for way less than that…

Haakon

yes

Semi-related but I've been flying Rex a bit recently and can recommend. Got upgraded to exit row every flight and they've always left / arrived on time.
I've flown with Link a few times too as they do a direct Hobart-Canberra run on a small bug smasher. Its slow and noisy, but they're super generous with free booze and snacks, and they run on time :)