Christmas 2023: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, the WTF?!?!? & the Schadenfreude.... Show us what you got...

LPG

likes thicc birds
I got my Christmas present early, COVID positive as well. Does that make me the lucky one as I'm virtually over it now and will be ok for Christmas? Missed the work Christmas party by a few hours though.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Got my Chrissy present early
View attachment 405501
Two of our team are down this week with the spicy cough, and we work in a site shed.
On the way home, tickly throat and sore eyes, mine will be here for Santa...
Yay....Errrr... I got one today also.
View attachment 405505
I got my Christmas present early, COVID positive as well. Does that make me the lucky one as I'm virtually over it now and will be ok for Christmas? Missed the work Christmas party by a few hours though.
Holy shit you lot.

No prizes for the most popular gift :oops:

Hope you all get over it in the next few days and enjoy xmas with the family. Fingers crossed none of them get it before then either.

danncam

Likes Dirt
First Christmas with one of our kids living overseas (Edinburgh); had our Christmas morning FaceTime call with her and then after was listening to White wine in the sun and started crying at the bit about the daughter being 9000 miles away. I'm definitely getting old and sentimental

cammas

Seamstress
My Mrs has always spoilt me at So I returned the favour this year, a couple of the kid’s chipped in and we got her an electric recliner. I actually snagged a bargain, as it was marked at $1,090, I looked at it on Friday but wasn’t sure on it so I showed my daughter their website.

My daughter and I went back on Saturday and we decided to get it, she then said that they’d do the Boxing Day sale price of $1035. I hand over my cash so the Mrs didn’t see where I’ve been shopping and she starts doing the receipt, she goes you’re getting a bargain. That’s when I said “yeah on your website it’s originally $1699 marked down to $1,490”, she went a little pale and slapped my money on the counter and started looking at the computer and getting a little flustered.

I’m thinking I’ve lost my deal, I said “I thought it was an in store special”, she said “don’t worry you’re getting that price but someone is getting in trouble not me but someone will”. Then she looked in the till and asked me if I had any change, as I paid her in $50’s I’m like nope she goes what if we do $1,036 as that’s all change I have, I’m like “hey I already got a bargain I’m not going to complain about a dollar”.

Then this morning I got up before the Mrs and replaced her crappy one with the new one then got her up to do presents, she’d been up late with my daughter and the baby she was so tired she didn’t notice the chair she sits in it with baby still not noticing it. I then walked up and hit the button for it to tilt, she crapped herself but is now very happy.

While I’ve been trying to type this novella I had been feeling like crap all day, sore legs, sweating, so the Mrs goes do a Covid test.

IMG_8559.jpeg

FML, so much for a week off work and building the front fence, plus my daughter who just had the baby still lives with us and is feeling sick too, so is understandably upset, worrying about the baby.

Then to top off my bogan neighbours are having a party for the about the fourth night in a row. To set the scene for you, think about the Triple M radio station, think mid 90’s playing nothing but 80’s music. Fuck now it’s Cold Chisel fuck I hate these people most of it’s their kids and mates, who are only in their early twenties :mad:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
My Mrs has always spoilt me at So I returned the favour this year, a couple of the kid’s chipped in and we got her an electric recliner. I actually snagged a bargain, as it was marked at $1,090, I looked at it on Friday but wasn’t sure on it so I showed my daughter their website.

My daughter and I went back on Saturday and we decided to get it, she then said that they’d do the Boxing Day sale price of $1035. I hand over my cash so the Mrs didn’t see where I’ve been shopping and she starts doing the receipt, she goes you’re getting a bargain. That’s when I said “yeah on your website it’s originally $1699 marked down to $1,490”, she went a little pale and slapped my money on the counter and started looking at the computer and getting a little flustered.

I’m thinking I’ve lost my deal, I said “I thought it was an in store special”, she said “don’t worry you’re getting that price but someone is getting in trouble not me but someone will”. Then she looked in the till and asked me if I had any change, as I paid her in $50’s I’m like nope she goes what if we do $1,036 as that’s all change I have, I’m like “hey I already got a bargain I’m not going to complain about a dollar”.

Then this morning I got up before the Mrs and replaced her crappy one with the new one then got her up to do presents, she’d been up late with my daughter and the baby she was so tired she didn’t notice the chair she sits in it with baby still not noticing it. I then walked up and hit the button for it to tilt, she crapped herself but is now very happy.

While I’ve been trying to type this novella I had been feeling like crap all day, sore legs, sweating, so the Mrs goes do a Covid test.

View attachment 405627

FML, so much for a week off work and building the front fence, plus my daughter who just had the baby still lives with us and is feeling sick too, so is understandably upset, worrying about the baby.

Then to top off my bogan neighbours are having a party for the about the fourth night in a row. To set the scene for you, think about the Triple M radio station, think mid 90’s playing nothing but 80’s music. Fuck now it’s Cold Chisel fuck I hate these people most of it’s their kids and mates, who are only in their early twenties :mad:
I'm sure a Rotorburn Ninja team could be dispatched to cut off their power and chuck some prawn heads in the ventilation ducts of their bogan house. ;)

cammas

Seamstress
After writing all that I didn’t put what I got for Xmas, got the usual couple of Bunnings gift cards which never go astray, some clothes you know socks, jocks etc, new alarm clock but what really peaked my interest was these white blank goggles my mrs got me. I’ve spoken on here about some of my health issues and I get bad headaches, migraines, sore eyes etc on top of the other crap, so she decided to get some massage goggles that are rechargeable and when turned on they have different settings on it. It will massage your eyes and forehead as well use heat and air to help relieve the pain as well as play soothing music to you relax or you can Bluetooth your own music. At this stage I’m willing to give anything a go instead of medication so hopefully it will help.