What does your day look like?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Holy shit that looks bad. I’m further inland and the atmospheric river hit here too. Took about a metre of snow away and left slush that turned to hard ice. It pushed back opening day by a week at my local mountain but we are lucky compared to some others still not open.

Conditions are actually pretty good now with over a metre base and a few fresh falls of nice soft snow on top. It’s still better than 95% of the riding I’ve done in Australia.

Looks like Whistler probably shouldn’t be open but that would probably piss people off even more.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Is he one of your relatives or did you marry into that?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Ha, well, I'm one of those who should have taken my wife's name because I like her family so much better than mine. Although my sister has got her shit together in the last few years.

No, Cousin Chris married my wife's cousin, so he's not related to me at all. Unfortunately Mrs George's Family are still super close so we have no choice but to see all of them at Christmas. Thankfully the tradition of the whole extended family going on holidays together fell by the wayside before I arrived on the scene or Cousin Chris could well have been shark bait by now, and not just by my hand......

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Unfortunately Mrs George's Family are still super close so we have no choice but to see all of them at Christmas.
One of my mates used to get stuck in that scenario each year. He would get super worked up about it for weeks in advance...her family would spend most of the day heaping shit on him for not being good enough etc so it was not fun. Then one year they finally decided "fuck it" and went to the beach instead, and haven't bothered for a long time. It turns out it wasn't the end of the world.

That snow base is going to be sketchy once the fresh really piles up on the ice sheet @yuley95 the slide risk that sort of stuff creates is unwanted.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
One of my mates used to get stuck in that scenario each year. He would get super worked up about it for weeks in advance...her family would spend most of the day heaping shit on him for not being good enough etc so it was not fun. Then one year they finally decided "fuck it" and went to the beach instead, and haven't bothered for a long time. It turns out it wasn't the end of the world.
All the other stuff we do, with and without the other members of the family, far outweighs this fine specimen of society.

What really grinds our gears is just like our kids, his kids are well and truly on the autism spectrum and instead of getting off their arses, getting involved and teaching this child coping mechanisms before the world explodes, they let him get so worked up he loses his shit, then while he's still in a rage tell him how he should be handling the situation, and then blame everyone else for not playing with him properly. Final nail in the coffin was Cousin Chris modelling the exact same meltdown behaviour he was trying to get his son to stop doing when he stomped off and took his wickets when his son wasn't listening to him.

Parenting. The things you learn when it's too late to put them back!

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
That snow base is going to be sketchy once the fresh really piles up on the ice sheet @yuley95 the slide risk that sort of stuff creates is unwanted.
Good point. We are heading up with the kids tomorrow then I'll only get one more chance before we head off to start making our way home so I don't think much snow will pile up before then.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Good point. We are heading up with the kids tomorrow then I'll only get one more chance before we head off to start making our way home so I don't think much snow will pile up before then.

It shouldn't be a problem on groomers, most resorts manage that stuff fairly well. It's more of an off piste or out of bounds risk. But I have seen some surprising/unexpected inbounds slides.

Hopefully you get a good dose of the white stuff before you leave! When I was in BC (Feb/Mar 2022) they'd had a shit season - not much snow, a big freeze, some rain...I didn't get the powder board out of my bag once in 3 weeks. We did get some decent snow fall towards the end at the top of whistler and blackcomb which put some smiles on the faces!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Went to San Francisco and introduced the kids to their new 'school'.

Holy fuck the the rental cars are big here.

No number plate, what's going on there?

We've got those jails here, you can do a tour of the old prisons with gallows where they hung people, still intact.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
No number plate, what's going on there?

We've got those jails here, you can do a tour of the old prisons with gallows where they hung people, still intact.
A lot of states don't require front number plates.

But are they on an island surrounded by killer rip tides and sharks?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not today, a few days ago...happened about an hour before we arrived.

Amarok had a new windscreen put in this morning, guys at O'BRIEN'S said they had another 400 bookings.
That's shit :confused:

I came from a country that had regular hail but it's only small. I didn't know hail could get that big till I came here.
Strange thing in a usually warm climate.