Electric Vehicles etc

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
I can see there being a good market for someone willing to actually learn how BYDs work and offering an independent workshop service!
Unfortunately, they need the support of the manufacturer - which I doubt would be forthcoming

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
End of the week they expect to have an understanding of the fault and a fix .... hahahha fuck you three weeks I got the fucking car at the end of December you cunts...... (rant here, polite but firm on the emails but not today cos I'll go postal)
I’m not sure you’d have any different an experience with any other brand of car… At least they haven’t told you it’s your fault and your driving style is the fault!

ausdb

Being who he is
You can only wait until it is returned to you. Plausible though... sgphit as all that sounds. New car should be in your hands not theirs.
It's not just BYD a mate bought the little electric BMW SUV just before Christmas. There was a problem with the handbrake, required widget was ex ze motherland. He gets a loan real BMW for about a month whilst waiting for widget to arrive, no reimbursement for fossil fuel costs tho.
Widget arrives and it goes in to get fitted, success now but something else is f!cked and it has to go back again but for the moment the handbrake works so it's drivable.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Stain less, not stain proof.
It's a silly article.
Makes out that the stainless steel will rust away, when it is only contaminants that are causing the discolouration, just like any outdoor surface out there.
It's Stainless steel, it won't rust (technically it does at a microscopic level) but it doesn't magically repel dirt, grime and bird shit!

Mattyp

Cows go boing
It's a silly article.
Makes out that the stainless steel will rust away, when it is only contaminants that are causing the discolouration, just like any outdoor surface out there.
It's Stainless steel, it won't rust (technically it does at a microscopic level) but it doesn't magically repel dirt, grime and bird shit!
Shower it with some stray sparks off your iron infused grinder wheel and watch that brand new stainless milk vat turn spotted brown in no time.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
In another life we installed a sprinkler system instead of sampling tubes. Insulation had chlorine in the mix and a week of rain before the roof went on. 6 months later the stress corrosion cracking was amazing. 321 grade stainless.