Recent content by aceyone

1. aceyone

Day On The Can - Dowhill Race in Albury

Great job, Whitie et.al -- no racing, but a bunch of runs for all-comers and a sensational day! Thanks also to the riders that did turn up and added to the relaxed, fun atmosphere of the day.
  2. aceyone

2012 Victorian Downhill State Champs RESULTS

Fantastic weekend... congratualtions to all involved. Sensational track. Just got better and better all weekend and there was soooo much to learn (it had so much to teach me!). Felt like I was still discovering lines even on my race run. Credit to all involved for the immense amount of...
  3. aceyone

What's a good FR bike?

Depends what you call 'freeride', too (discussion for another time... another thread...). I've been abusing my Santa Cruz VP-Free for 4 (?) years. Some DH racing, some freeride, some AM pedalling (with a front der and granny ring as my 'off-season' setup). I've been seeing a few around pretty...
  4. aceyone

2011/12 VIC DH Series - Official Thread

Thanks to GVMBC and to all involved for another great Vic-series race. Had a ball. Thank-you.
  5. aceyone

Pushys Bike Warehouse Day on the Can 2011

Thanks Guys for a great day -- I had a ball ! :biggrin:
  6. aceyone

What? The last 3 days in a row??? Oh, for school holidays again! Sounds like I'm in for a good ol' fashioned whoopin' from you and the rest of you young blokes! :whip:
  7. aceyone

Can't wait -- after the rain we've had, that track is going to be *fast* !!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:
  8. aceyone

Wow... Looks like it was high time for someone to take over the reigns: a new kick-ass poster, on-line rego, a couple of great trail-work sessions in the last two weekends and a great crew of helpers. Nice work! Very professional! (I figure it's going to be worth the entry just to ride that...
  9. aceyone

Am I ready for the "blind step-down" at the You Yangs?

Nice work !!! I'm also a 40-ish DH'er, so can really relate to this thread. There's been plenty of good advice already, but here's my 2c worth: 1. Go with your gut feel -- some days you're feeling 'on' and nothing seems impossible... Go with it and enjoy! Other days I can feel that...
  10. aceyone

FOUND: TL-HA20 Bearing Cup remover tool for Saint HB-M800 Front Hub

Hi Crew -- I'm after Shimano tool TL-HA20 (or after-market equivalent?) for removing the bearing cups from either side of a first-gen (2004-ish?) Saint Front Hub (HB-M800). Item: Shimano tool TL-HA20 bearing cup remover Location: Anywhere Price range/Willing to Pay: $25 + $postage (???)...
  11. aceyone

2010/2011 Vic DH State Series Official Discussion Thread!!

Nah... I tried that. If the wife comes along she ends up riding and I'm looking after the kids.:rolleyes: (Edit: Er... only joking, honey. Honey? :eek:)
  12. aceyone

Do any members still ride older model Downhills if so what do you ride

Waddya mean...???... 2004 is 'old'? Cripes -- I race an '04 VP-Free still with its original '04 888's. I hadn't thought of it as 'old' 'till now :eek:. And as for mods "to keep up with todays standard of equipment"...???... I have no idea what you mean :o
  13. aceyone

VDHS - Round 2 - Barjarg, Victoria. November 13/14

Yep... just adding my thanks to everyone involved in prep'ing the track and in running the w'end. Wishing those who came out second-best a speedy recovery. I had a sensational couple of days of riding -- thank-you!
  14. aceyone

Bicycle Superstore Albury DH: 24th October.

Thank-you Well, the proverbial dust has settled, the gear is packed away and life is all-but back to normal (A few decent night's sleep and I'm actually half-useful at work again, too :o) Thank-you to everyone who helped out on Sunday, whether you were riding and having a good time...
  15. aceyone

Bicycle Superstore Albury DH: 24th October.

Heh, heh.... rest assured it'll be *nothing* like Eildon. (Ummm... not that I actually know what Eildon was like... because... er... I baled at the last minute and stayed warm and dry at home :o )