Recent content by adrian.gab

1. A

Online retailers trusted/scammers

Amazon hooks into the AusPost API and as soon as they can see in the tracking history that you have dropped it off they issue the refund in good faith. Rest assured if it does not arrive they will charge your card again :-)
  2. A

Guide RSC Bleed. Changing contact point adjusment before bleed for different feel?

I've been doing this for years i.e. doing the opposite of what's in the video and today i am about to bleed a new set of brakes after trimming and decided to Google it to see if others do the same and yes, others do. I like a really short dead band and following sram's instruction gives me...
  3. A

I'd be doing that now rather than later Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  4. A

Just an update on my order: Ordered on the 4th, received an email receipt straight away. Shipped on the 5th, received two emails, one to say they were packing it and another to say shipped. DHL tracking number provided. Delivered on the 12th. Very happy with their quick service and...
  5. A

After seeing this thread I bought some shiny new brakes from www.hibike.com. I'll update again when delivered but so far great. They've shipped my item in less than 12 hours via DHL. I've always had a superb experience with DHL. I saved about AUD$200 compared to ChainReactionCycles too! ☺️
  6. A

Thredbo New All Mountain Trail

I had my first day of this season at Thredbo a couple days ago on the updated Flow trail and the All Mountain trail.* On the Flow trail there is a new cool rocky trail to get to the start of the Flow trail so you don't have to go down that ghastly grey fire trail. It's pretty picturesque with...
  7. A

Thredbo Flow and AM Trail Updates

Duplicate duplicate
  8. A

Bruce Ridge ACT

Bruce Ridge is a great place to start. I'd consider most of the trails to be beginner level with some intermediate. Especially on the northern parts facing the GDE, it is where I would take my wife (who doesn't ride). A loop of Bruce ridge is less than 8kms.
  9. A

Helmet suggestions?

I had a Bell Super for a year and then swapped out to a Specialized Ambush after a big crash. I like the Ambush better by a long shot. 25% lighter, better straps, cooler temps and looks way better IMO.
  10. A

Do Wiggle and CRC operate on the GBP?

CRC does not let you purchase in another currency. I just tried. I went to site fresh, changed the currency to GBP, put in my order and once I signed in it converted back to AUD. Which is a real pain. The GBP amount was coverting to AUD$204 vs $221 it is calculating as AUD. It's a scam, cause...
  11. A

Save $3500 off a brand new S-Works Specialized Enduro

I saw this come in the mail. What a ripper of a deal. 7.5k for a brand new S-Works is unreal. Especially given the new model will most likely be over 10k. https://www.specialized.com/au/en-au/autumn-savings
  12. A

Bell Super 2R with a neck brace

I read an article not that long ago that said the key factor in avoiding spinal injury is to prevent compression of your spine, that is where the impact and force comes straight from the top, down in the direction of your spine. I think the article said all that was needed was 15mm of...
  13. A

2016 Specialized Enduro release date?

Wow. Since when did Specialized ever do discounts. Except for end of model run out.
  14. A

Cane Creek DB Inline

Nope. Mine just makes a wooshing sound when the oil flows through the rebound circuit. It's done that from day one. Get on the Cane Creek forums. They are very responsive.
  15. A

2016 Specialized Enduro release date?

Does any one know what the deal is with the Spesh Enduro 2016? You can see all the new models on their website but I haven't seen any announcement or reviews that normally flood my MTB RSS feeds.