Recent content by Alysum

1. Alysum

The Single Speed Thread

thanks mate but I got a PM from the importer :)
  2. Alysum

The Single Speed Thread

Has anyone here ever purchased a Niner One9 frame? They look so pretty (obviously!) if so is it best to order directly from US of from the aussie importer MTB precision (they haven't emailed me back)? Just an idea though, nothing immediate. It is expensive too :D
  3. Alysum

The Single Speed Thread

I tried myus and they still charge AU$250 for a 12kg parcel :(
  4. Alysum

The Single Speed Thread

I'm actually having troubles trying to locate this Bianchi Sok - Only Jensons seem to sell it in the whole world and the shipping is $250 :( So delayed for now. How come such a well known brand (road I know) is hard to get?
  5. Alysum

The Single Speed Thread

Thanks for the responses :) I will use the middle ring then and count the T on the cassette of my Trance X1 and try riding in that combo for as long as possible. Well the bike I really like is the Bianchi SOK 29er and I would have to order it online; can't really try it beforehand as it doesn't...
  6. Alysum

The Single Speed Thread

G'day, Wanting to one day N+1 SS; I'd like to get a better idea how the standard (?) SS gearing of 32 x 18 feels like. What would be the closest gearing on a standard XT 27 speed drivetrain? Cheers
  7. Alysum

singlespeed XC.

I really like the look and the specs of the Bianchi SOK 29er SS but it seems impossible to find in Oz :(
  8. Alysum

Dirtworks 100km entry for sale

entry has already been sold. thanks
  9. Alysum

Dirtworks 100km entry for sale

Due to knee injury I'm putting my entry for sale at cost price $110. I'll organise the transfer with Henry@Dirtworks asap by email. Please message me if interested, thanks. Tom
  10. Alysum

Noisy fork

I took it to the LBS and it was indeed the rebound and air pressure that were much too high! I must start adjusting those more seriously... thanks for the tips :)
  11. Alysum

Noisy fork

Hi thanks for the responses - topping out is the word then. No I haven't had it serviced yet. Might take it to my LBS then.
  12. Alysum

Noisy fork

Hi, I have an issue with my Fox RL120 which I'm not sure is normal or not. When the fork decompresses it makes a loud *tchac* sound when it has reached the end of how much the fork can extend i.e. 100% decompressed. Same when I'm about do to a jump and pull up the handlebar it makes that...
  13. Alysum

XC Tyres

G'day Good read this thread, I'm thinking of getting the popular combo Ignitor 2.1 front and Larsen TT 2.0 rear for my XC bike, both LUST. However I wanted to check what is the norm for the widths at the front/rear; 2.0 and 2.1, should the wider one be on the rear for traction or at the front...
  14. Alysum

Post Your XC Machine

Wow a Lapierre in Australia??!! I come from France and wished they were imported to Australia :) I almost got that bike last year as a holiday bike for when I go back to France but instead got a Rockrider 8.2 ;)
  15. Alysum

Giant Trance/Trance X

Can someone pls tell me what brand/model of derailleur hanger I should get for spares? Ta