Recent content by bike_widow

1. bike_widow

Bastards

2. bike_widow

Your First Car

I have a 1994 Mitsubishi Verada (a pretty Magna, really). I scored it from my Mum when I got my Ps... 6 years ago, an electrical mechanic told us it only had 18 months left in it. Last December, the guy who serviced it said the same thing. It's been driven to the ground, taken up smoking...
  3. bike_widow

what is your song ?

Hot Girls in Good Moods - Butch Walker (disregard the video, some people have too much time on their hands!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asZfQIXD8kU
  4. bike_widow

Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Touche, sir!
  5. bike_widow

Favorite line in a song

Actually......... I don't know how familiar you are with The Beatles - but in a moment of vindictiveness, John Lennon wrote this lesser known song called "Run For Your Life", about hunting down and killing a girl if she leaves him. And it appeared as the last track on Rubber Soul (the same...
  6. bike_widow

Whats the best beer you've had & why?

The pint of Carlton Draught that accompanied my Parma after I got back from 4 weeks in the states! Not much beats a parma and pot...
  7. bike_widow

Favorite line in a song

My favourite singer is a guy called Butch Walker... he writes fabulous lyrics, takes common feelings and puts it in a quirky way. There isn't one specific line in this one - called Song Without a Chorus (ft Pink) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj45D5Mpy1M In "Race Cars and Goth Rock"...
  8. bike_widow

what is your avatar pic of?

uuuummmmm......... :rolleyes:
  9. bike_widow

Tertiary Education & Careers.

a break might help you to put the rest of your life into perspective...
  10. bike_widow

Tertiary Education & Careers.

Hey! Wil the course allow you to take a break and postpone the 2nd semester? Perhaps if you have a break, you could have the time to find out what you are interested in. Don't stress about not wanting to come back to study if you take a break. If you're interested, you won't mind the study...
  11. bike_widow

monster energy here in aus at last?

what makes Monster so much better than the other energy drinks? is it radioactive?
  12. bike_widow

Depression and sleep disorders.

aye - don't get me wrong, i am not anti-meds... they do work for some people. i just don't think they should be the first course of action. i think it's better to try the natural thing first, because if it works, then it's clear that meds are not needed. i think it's harder to find that...
  13. bike_widow

The Photo Snob Thread

I want one because I still only have the one 17-85mm f/4.5-5.6 (18 months later...) although I enjoy using it, i'm freakin bored of it! I'm seriously having trouble deciding what lens to get, so a 50mm seems to be the cheapest and easiest step forward to stop my procrastination... until I...
  14. bike_widow

Depression and sleep disorders.

I disagree... I got turned into a zombie by every antidepressant I tried - and not a smiling one, either. most left me on my arse on the couch with no energy or motivation to do anything. I'm strongly of the opinion to seek a natural treatment before turning to meds.
  15. bike_widow

The Photo Snob Thread

I'm trying to get a Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens for cheap, and snapped up one off ebay... except that it's an FD fitting, and mine is an EF (grrrr...) This one looks like it's in pretty top condition. So I'm going to resell it. Anyone know what they're worth, and what camera they fit? ...and if...