Recent content by Bikes Bats New Tatts

1. Bikes Bats New Tatts

Tyres for Aust conditions?

Hey Chuckie, I'm running Minions 2.5F and 2.35R. Looking to change down to something lighter and a little smaller though. I think it's over-kill for a trail bike. Plus I didn't really realise but Miniors are HEAVY!
  2. Bikes Bats New Tatts

ALL MTN Racing ?????

Stoked! I'm keen for this!
  3. Bikes Bats New Tatts

Construction of trails in national parks in SMH

These are my thoughts on this for what they are worth: 1. This is a subtle but significant change in policy from NPWS who, in the past have just had a blanket: No MTB policy. So that's great. 2. I think, at least in the first instance, it is likely that XC and mainstream trail riders will...
  4. Bikes Bats New Tatts

2011 world champs Champéry - Switzerland

Yeah that's what I thought. I will be paying for Freecaster anyway. Warner is classic, Val Di Sol was a riot. Very entertaining.
  5. Bikes Bats New Tatts

2011 world champs Champéry - Switzerland

This might be a dumb question but anyway: Are the SBS and Freecaster webcasts running off the same camera feeds? So the angles, track coverage etc will be the same? Just wondering 'cos some times Freecaster only covers certain sections of the track, usually towards the bottom. Anyone know...
  6. Bikes Bats New Tatts

SPOTTED! Bikes in Hollywood!

Bloom could ride for sure. Pretty fit bloke, why not? Can't be taping hotties all the time. Pretty sure Tim Cammerford from Rage Against The Machine is big into riding. He's mates with Brian Lopes I seem to recall.
  7. Bikes Bats New Tatts

Oxford Falls Photos - Today 31/7

Anything with a wooden "safety" box needs another thinking about.
  8. Bikes Bats New Tatts

2009 Fox Talas 36

Ok sounds good. So, from what you are suggesting I take it that there has been no change to the internal lowers or the stanchions/ crown that would mean the newer internals aren't compatible?
  9. Bikes Bats New Tatts

2009 Fox Talas 36

At the moment I've lost height adjustability so need to have them serviced to fix that anyway. It's happened once before, not a drama to fix. Also mine are only R models so... more adjustability would be nice, not sure if that's possible. Generally I'm thinking, if I am up for a service...
  10. Bikes Bats New Tatts

Post your all mountain bike

The Boys AM rides I love this thread! My and my best riding budies All Mountain rigs. We have here from left to right: 2010 Giant Reign X1 2009 Giant Reign 2010 Transition BottleRocket w/ bits from 2009 to present. (Still my dream bike!) All very nice and taken an absolute...
  11. Bikes Bats New Tatts

MTB for my girlfriend and areas to ride in Sydney?

Hi all, I thought this thread would be a good place for this question rather than starting another thread. My wife has done a little riding, is pretty fit and wants to do more. We live near Manly dam, she can get around it walking a few sections but doesn't really enjoy it 'cos it's a bit...
  12. Bikes Bats New Tatts

2009 Fox Talas 36

Hi all! I'm running a 2009 Talas 36 which is due for a another service. Great fork! I was wondering if anyone knows if I am able to upgrade the internals from 2009 to some of the later talas internals? The fork is solid, stanchions (sp?) are spotless so I don't really see the need buy a...
  13. Bikes Bats New Tatts

Oxford Falls Photos - Today 31/7

How hardcore is Duncan!! Borrowed bike, bear shins, 48th(?) Birthday - Still sending it. Heroic stuff D-Man!
  14. Bikes Bats New Tatts

new frame and forks

Fly. 10char....
  15. Bikes Bats New Tatts

Chain Tension help ???

I'm sure there is a better way to do this, but this is how i do it.... Get a shifter handle, or the handle end of a socket wrench, wrap a towel or a rag around it and jam it in-between the tire and the frame and gently lever the wheel back to tension the chain. Then tighten the the non chain...