2009 Fox Talas 36

Hi all!

I'm running a 2009 Talas 36 which is due for a another service. Great fork! I was wondering if anyone knows if I am able to upgrade the internals from 2009 to some of the later talas internals?

The fork is solid, stanchions (sp?) are spotless so I don't really see the need buy a new fork. But I'd love to squeeze a little extra performance out of them if possible.

Thanks for the help!

At the moment I've lost height adjustability so need to have them serviced to fix that anyway. It's happened once before, not a drama to fix.

Also mine are only R models so... more adjustability would be nice, not sure if that's possible.

Generally I'm thinking, if I am up for a service, seals, labour etc why not look into an upgrade.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is an rc2 damper kit on here cheap, that would be the best up grade or contact tekin and get the 2011+ version (compression on top)

Ok sounds good. So, from what you are suggesting I take it that there has been no change to the internal lowers or the stanchions/ crown that would mean the newer internals aren't compatible?

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok sounds good. So, from what you are suggesting I take it that there has been no change to the internal lowers or the stanchions/ crown that would mean the newer internals aren't compatible?
im not 100% certain more 90% that there were no chassis changes. the 40's had a chassis change at 09 (shorter stanchions so the pre 09 gear is not interchangeable) for the 36er's its my understanding it hasnt changed, though to be certain shoot ken@tekinsuspension.com.au an email. hes super quick to reply, and very helpful.

hope that helps