Recent content by BKMad

1. B

Ludicrously expensive bike stuff

Yeah totally understand there must be 100s of hours in R&D behind each of these sorts of products and that those costs need to be built into the selling price. I guess volumes are low, so proportionally, the R&D costs end up being quite high. Regardless, its all way too pricey for me.
  2. B

Ludicrously expensive bike stuff

By most accounts this guy does good work, but this is taking the piss surely: https://www.shockcraft.co.nz/tuning-upgrades-for-marzocchi-bomber-cr-shockcraft.html Just under $1000 to tune a bomber CR.
  3. B

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Glad to see that it made it there in one piece.
  4. B

NSW SOLD Intense Spider 275C frame (M)

Sold pending payment
  5. B

I am 178cm and probably at the upper limit for the frame with a 50mm stem. Seated position was good with just enough length for me and the front end was pretty low which was good for XC which is what I mostly do, but I'd probably have put higher rise bars on (I ran 15mm rise) if I wanted a more...
  6. B

Also forgot to mention in the ad but the pivot bearings were all replaced about 3 months ago - I was chasing a squeak. Turned out to be the derailleur clutch, but never mind, its got new pivot bearings.
  7. B

NSW Manitou Mattoc Pro 275

Item: Manitou Mattoc Pro 275 Location: Grafton NSW Item Condition: Good. Stone chips on back of arch. Has been serviced regularly. Two tiny bits of damage in one stanchion - just visible in one of the photos as they are so tiny. Doesn't affect the function. Reason for selling: Changed wheelsize...
  8. B

Item: Intense Spider 275C Frame 2017 (size Medium) Location: Grafton NSW Item Condition: Good but used. Has a various stone chips in the paintwork. Mainly under the downtube. Reason for selling: New frame Price and price conditions: $600 or near offers Extra Info: Great short travel frame. Still...
  9. B

Solar... who's clued in?

I had the same issue with the sungrow when I had a system installed. Something wasnt setup right and the installer fixed it - I cant remember what the issue was. From your screenshot, your house is probably using 0.7kwh and the rest is probably going into the grid, but as its setup wrong the way...
  10. B

Signa Sports with Liquidity issues .... (CRC/Wiggle/Probike/Nukeproof/Vitus)

Just went to CRC and got a message saying they are no longer doing international orders. Well thats the end of that then.
  11. B

Confessions from the fuckwits

Maybe you need a different kind of glasses ;). I hear you can pick up cheap reading glasses from the chemist.
  12. B

Bargain buys thread

Anyone been lusting after an Intend fork? https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/products/intend-blackline-ebonite-fork?variant=41230034599981 Still a lot of money but a lot less than RRP
  13. B

Shoddy work from the park tool warriors

Yep I do my own shoddy work. Dont see the point of paying someone else to do a shoddy job when I can do it just as bad myself (sometimes even better).
  14. B

New bike shopping size

He's got some videos on youtube which explains some of it. The numbers don't make sense to me. From what I could gather I think he wants everyone to ride short upright bikes. My current trail bike is spot on based on his RAD dimension, but it feels a bit short and cramped - I can ride it fine...
  15. B

Your favourite ride

I cant pick a favourite ride, but a particularly memorable one was when we did a family holiday in the south island of NZ. When visiting Dunedin, I hired a spec stumpjumper with all the bling and headed up signal hill to try out their downhill/enduro tracks. I thought I was a good rider who had...