What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Played tour guide for some Aussie bike royalty, Mitch Docker and Paul Vandy, who I bumped into at my local today. Took them down the good stuff and conditions couldn't have been any better after the rain yesterday...good times were had by all. Should have given Pvdp more shit for being on an eeb. Sorry no fan girl photos...
PSX_20240214_151738.jpg

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Played tour guide for some Aussie bike royalty, Mitch Docker and Paul Vandy, who I bumped into at my local today. Took them down the good stuff and conditions couldn't have been any better after the rain yesterday...good times were had by all. Should have given Pvdp more shit for being on an eeb. Sorry no fan girl photos...
View attachment 406948
1707885498390.png

ausdb

Being who he is
This could really be posted in the LTIH and LTIL threads but I can't be arsed. The backup plan for the Hallion arrived today.

LTIH Freight companies.
This is how the geniuses at Startrack treated it.
Spider 1~2.jpg
The deliverer says sign here, I say no I'm not signing and accepting it without inspecting it. Deliverers response you can't open it unless you sign for it, my response sorry but that is not going to happen, how about I open it now in front of you? No if you aren't going to sign I'll have to put it back on board.
I say ok, how about I sign with a note subject to inspection. No you can't do that, if you want it inspected it has to go back to our depot. Ok I say who will inspect it, we will. My reply you won't know what your looking for, sorry not going to happen. Deliverer says you need to sign or I need to put it back on the truck as I've been here to long.
Ok but I don't have time to go to the airport during business hours to inspect it and collect it either. I then ask would you accept this yourself if someone tried to deliver you something like this, silence is the response I guess he doesn't want to incriminate himself.
I go full Karen and ask to speak to a manager, sorry l can't get hold of him. He rings someone and has an unintelligible conversation with them. Was that your manager I ask, no a colleague.
I would still like to speak to your manager I ask, more back pedalling. He finally calls someone else, and gives them a quick summary.
I ask to speak again and finally get to speak to his manager. I explain the situation, I ask again can I sign for the item, with a comment subject to inspection so I can still claim on the insurance I paid for the shipment. Yes you can is the reply, ok thanks very much but why has your delivery guy just spent the last 10 minutes telling me I can't, no sensible answer is supplied.
We end the call, the deliverer uses his scanner thingy to take some photos of the carton damage and I make sure the comment is to my satisfaction. I then sign the screen off the scanner thingy and add DAMAGED to where I've signed and confirm it's not been deleted.

LTIL Good packaging!
Thank deity of choice that @BKMad had just bought a new frame and had kept all of the packaging from it, plus a little more. When I unpacked it the stoved in section of the box was all air space and the rear triangle was ok.
Spider2.jpg
Spider3.jpg

Last edited:

BKMad

Likes Dirt
This could really be posted in the LTIH and LTIL threads but I can't be arsed. The backup plan for the Hallion arrived today.

LTIH Freight companies.
This is how the geniuses at Startrack treated it.
View attachment 406995
The deliverer says sign here, I say no I'm not signing and accepting it without inspecting it. Deliverers response you can't open it unless you sign for it, my response sorry but that is not going to happen, how about I open it now in front of you? No if you aren't going to sign I'll have to put it back on board.
I say ok, how about I sign with a note subject to inspection. No you can't do that, if you want it inspected it has to go back to our depot. Ok I say who will inspect it, we will. My reply you won't know what your looking for, sorry not going to happen. Deliverer says you need to sign or I need to put it back on the truck as I've been here to long.
Ok but I don't have time to go to the airport during business hours to inspect it and collect it either. I then ask would you accept this yourself if someone tried to deliver you something like this, silence is the response I guess he doesn't want to incriminate himself.
I go full Karen and ask to speak to a manager, sorry l can't get hold of him. He rings someone and has an unintelligible conversation with them. Was that your manager I ask, no a colleague.
I would still like to speak to your manager I ask, more back pedalling. He finally calls someone else, and gives them a quick summary.
I ask to speak again and finally get to speak to his manager. I explain the situation, I ask again can I sign for the item, with a comment subject to inspection so I can still claim on the insurance I paid for the shipment. Yes you can is the reply, ok thanks very much but why has your delivery guy just spent the last 10 minutes telling me I can't, no sensible answer is supplied.
We end the call, the deliverer uses his scanner thingy to take some photos of the carton damage and I make sure the comment is to my satisfaction. I then sign the screen off the scanner thingy and add DAMAGED to where I've signed and confirm it's not been deleted.

LTIL Good packaging!
Thank deity of choice that @BKMad had just bought a new frame and had kept all of the packaging from it, plus a little more. When I unpacked it the stoved in section of the box was all air space and the rear triangle was ok.
View attachment 406998
View attachment 406999
Glad to see that it made it there in one piece.