Recent content by blayne&tim

1. B

2016 Trek Remedy 9

I've been astounded by how well this thing rides. The Pro Pedal works like a dream, certainly not too much bike for flowy single track. I dont know what the hell you are on about with the bars, they are 750mm wide and the stem is very short. You might be thinking of last years spec though.
  2. B

2016 Trek Remedy 9

More pics Some pics from a sneaky after work ride. No riding buddies for the midweek so now riding pics yet.
  3. B

2016 Trek Remedy 9

not at stromlo yet, won't get out there until this weekend. Very happy with it thus far though.
  4. B

2016 Trek Remedy 9

Cheers Ivan, thats exactly what I've found with it. Love the colours of it. Johnny, Im coming off the back of 14 months being banned from exercise after a few rounds of surgery so I'm severely lacking fitness! I'll keep an eye out for you, but I'm sure there wont be many people on the new...
  5. B

2016 Trek Remedy 9

Bruce local? I live just across from the stadium so I'm planning to get out after work a couple times this week.
  6. B

2016 Trek Remedy 9

I'll be honest, wasnt too keen on the colour but the guys at On The Rivet talked me into it. When I picked it up on Friday, I was convinced. The colour scheme looks great, especially with the blue XTR pedails. I'm thinking about getting some blue chain ring bolts and bling to make it really...
  7. B

2016 Trek Remedy 9

Hi all, just picked up my new Remedy 9 on Friday and it is unreal! Great spec, love the colour scheme, opted for the anodized blue xtr pedals to match. It rides like a dream, absolute demon descending and climbs remarkably well. Let me know your thoughts and will post more pics/update after I...
  8. B

Livestrong- the Lance Armstrong Foundation

could be anything, a road ride, xc or whatever.
  9. B

Livestrong- the Lance Armstrong Foundation

Hi all, Have been having a look at the Livestrong website and have noticed their fundraising events, they call it the Livestrong Challenge. One of the events run is a cycling event, with different distances available all to raise money for his great cause. I was just thinking, should we...
  10. B

Thredbo closed

hey guys, it was open on sunday. The reason it was closed on saturday and open on sunday is because it was not up to the bike shop on saturday. On saturday morning, Thredbo resort management decided to close the mountain to riders due to the risk of damage to the track. After much debate, on...
  11. B

Thredbo closed

hey guys, it was not South East MTB who made the call, resort management made the desicion and i know that everyone in the shop is as dissapointed as you are.
  12. B

NSW State XC 2010....

Hi Gonz, RE tracks, Lake Crackenback near Jindabyne has some brilliant trails and was succesfully used in the Mountains to beach. I am sure the resort would allow the use of the track and the local club, i am sure would be happy to organise the event.
  13. B

XC The Goose

Hey mate, the rims are amazing! Very stiff and light. I have also found, although they are great rims, they are not expensive to replace either. I have just gone tubeless and its definately been worth the switch. I am yet to weigh it again but it feels lighter. Cheers, Tim
  14. B

XC The Goose

Yeah, super happy with it! it was only a month ago when i wouldnt have gone near a mongoose, but now glad i had a look. its super light, stiff and it corners like its on rails.
  15. B

XC The Goose

Mongoose meteore Team I picked this one up on Saturday. Have only had one ride on it but it is amazing! Great geometry and very nice spec list, very happy with it. Weight: about 9.5kg Brakes: Avid Juicy Ultimate Hydraulic Disc, 160mm rotor Levers: Avid Juicy Ultimate, Matchmaker clamp...