2016 Trek Remedy 9

blayne&tim

Likes Dirt
Hi all, just picked up my new Remedy 9 on Friday and it is unreal! Great spec, love the colour scheme, opted for the anodized blue xtr pedals to match. It rides like a dream, absolute demon descending and climbs remarkably well. Let me know your thoughts and will post more pics/update after I get some more km's on the clock!
Cheers!

**More pics added**

Attachments

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Happy and jealous for you at the same time.

Trek needs to sack the person doing their colour schemes. I've got the 2013 Remedy 9, the green one. Rides superbly, much as I reckon your new machine would, but dang is she urgly to look at!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Are you saying the purple and blue is bad, or your green one? Haha.
I quite like the purple and blue, yet found that green one from a couple years back to be self-face punchingly hideous.

Bike looks good. Interested to see some 'habitat' photos. :)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Well I'll be polite and just say the green one I have is horror-ugly :whistle:

blayne&tim

Likes Dirt
I'll be honest, wasnt too keen on the colour but the guys at On The Rivet talked me into it. When I picked it up on Friday, I was convinced. The colour scheme looks great, especially with the blue XTR pedails. I'm thinking about getting some blue chain ring bolts and bling to make it really stand out. I took it out to Bruce Ridge here in Canberra this afternoon and it really is something special. Such a great set up and the short chain stays make long wheelies pretty easy. Lets face it, that's the real test!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Depending on how long you've been there for we may have once been neighbours.

Still in Bruce and ride there when I can. Yesterday's ride on the Ridge was only my second hit out in 4 months due to a dodgy lower back. All seems good now, just building up the fitness again and when I have done so we should meet up to compare Remedies. In the meantime, if you see a somewhat portly fellow sweating it out on a green Remedy with gold Renthal bars or on a brushed alu Cannondale 1FG with old white RS Dukes, give us a tap on the shoulder and say g'day.

Ivan

Eats Squid
I just test rode a Remedy 9, and that purple is much more striking in person than in pictures.

It's a sweet bike.

blayne&tim

Likes Dirt
Cheers Ivan, thats exactly what I've found with it. Love the colours of it.

Johnny, Im coming off the back of 14 months being banned from exercise after a few rounds of surgery so I'm severely lacking fitness! I'll keep an eye out for you, but I'm sure there wont be many people on the new remedy so I'll stand out. I'll be the big pale fella struggling up the climbs!

doihoi

Likes Dirt
I think I may have seen you ride Stromlo last week some time, I may be wrong.

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

Really annoys me how Trek make a good move away from a trunion styled mounting system on the shock and then keep the retarded spacing. Nobody produces aftermarket 7.75x2.125" (197x54mm) or 7.75x2.25" (197x57mm) shocks, so the moment you go off anything that Trek sells to you at a ridiculous markup, you change geometry and/or travel length.

I don't mind the purple at all. Do they still do thing where it's a transparent paint, and in the sun you can see the brushwork on the alloy underneath?

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
I test rode a 2016 29er at Nerang on the Gold Coast and the bike was sick !! The fork also seems to be a huge step up from the fox fork on the 2014 bike. It just seemed to soak up all the small chatter while also handling the bigger hits with ease. From the looks of it, is your's a 27.5? Looks sick man hope you enjoy it.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Those pics did the colour scheme much more justice than the first few, agree that it looks nice.

After I get next Monday out of my life we're bound to bump in to each other one evening on a sneaky post-work spin.

SDA

Likes Dirt
Awesome!

I'm seriously considering picking one up myself - or maybe a Fuel EX 27.5 with an extra 10mm in the fork. It should make the head angle almost the same as the Remedy. But struggling to decide. Hoping to test ride one soon.

How do you find the Remedy on flatter but undulating terrain? I primarily ride flowy single track and was concerned the Remedy would be too much bike.

Machine

Likes Bikes
My wife has one and has written a review which is on the Trek website and also Simple Cycles website "Robyn's Remedy Revelation"

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some pics from a sneaky after work ride. No riding buddies for the midweek so now riding pics yet.
Nice Remedy! I see Trek still put those stupid skinny bars on, go wider bars and a shorter stem and the bike will be transformed....trust me!