Recent content by BureauMan

1. BureauMan

Convict 100 - St. Albans (Formerly the Dirt Works NSW)

Ditto, error messages. How freaking difficult can it be to organise this. I'm at work, very little time, I'll try later in the day I guess. Frustrating.
  2. BureauMan

The Mont24 Hr - 2011, Mt Kowan

"Less chat, more track".....that cracks me up. I don't know, maybe I'm a dickhead, but I can understand his frustration. If I was particularly fast, which I'm not, and you come up behind a bunch of guys having a chin wag, dawdling along as you enter those flowing downhill corners that are just...
  3. BureauMan

Highland Fling - 2010

Weatherzone 28 day rainfall forecast for the Illawarra is here: http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-range-forecast/28-day-rain/nsw/illawarra Not sure if you can access that or not if you're not a subscriber. Basically says High chance of precipitation for the 12th, 13th and 14th Nov. But...
  4. BureauMan

Niner sir9 vs Vassago Jabberwocky

Huchnroll.com. They had quite a few in stock when I ordered. They have an online chat box that pops up on your screen shortly after going to their website, I asked a few questions about the frame and freight costs over that, paid with a credit card. I think it only took 5 or 6 days for the frame...
  5. BureauMan

Hopefully not long till I find out....just ordered one!
  6. BureauMan

The best response I've had is from Hucknroll.com. They quoted around the US$150 to US$160 mark for freight to Aus.
  7. BureauMan

I'm interested in this because I'm in a similar situation. I'm about to build up my first 29er and my two choices have, similarly, come down to a Niner or a Vassago. In my case though I'm going the geared option so its between the MCR9 and the Bandersnatch - the geared versions of the SIR9 and...
  8. BureauMan

2010 Angry Doctor

I guess the rest of us really don't have much to complain about. All the best to your friend.
  9. BureauMan

2010 Angry Doctor

Mate if you'd read my previous post, some pages back, you would have seen that I was/am over it. My take was that it was time to move on. My last post was just another aspect to the weekends debacle that I'd forgotten and I was interested if others had had the same experience. As for...
  10. BureauMan

2010 Angry Doctor

I thought I'd got over my venting....but there is just one more thing. Not sure whether anyone else experienced this. The guy on the PA system at the oval on Saturday morning kept saying, at least on several occasions, how there were big delays going north on the Princess Highway, power lines...
  11. BureauMan

2010 Angry Doctor

Yep it's time to move on. I was seriously pissed off. With who exactly I'm not sure. All I know is I'd spent months training, spent a lot on equipment, accommodation, and more costly, being away from the family on fathers day, burnt lots of brownie points. And as discussed, AROC could have...
  12. BureauMan

2010 Angry Doctor

Good to see an optimistic attitude, I do agree though, last years heat was gruelling. I've only done the 50 at Mogo too so can't comment on track conditions in the 2nd half of the hundred other than from what I've heard - that being lots of lovely singletrack, if you've still got the legs to...
  13. BureauMan

2010 Angry Doctor

Yes latest Weatherzone forecast for Mogo as others have mentioned looks pretty crap. http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/south-coast/mogo There's a little divergence between the various forecast models though, fingers crossed. Those of you who experienced the recent Cap. Pun. debacle...
  14. BureauMan

Highland Fling - 2010

Yep, just entered myself, now trying to register for a friend who's away from his computer, he can activate the email from his Blackberry but nothing has gone through, quite frustrating. I'm in the 100 again, first year in SuperMasters!