Recent content by cinnyis

1. cinnyis

Yarra Trails regulars

How are the conditions around Bruce's loop at the moment? I haven't ridden the Yarra trails for over a year due to being pregnant and now looking after a little baby. I'll be getting a rare few hours off this Sunday afternoon and I'm wondering if I ride the area near Bruce's loop or drive a...
  2. cinnyis

looking for people to ride with.

Various Facebook groups & MTB club rides Hi Bonns, when I first started riding and was looking for like minded, I joined a bunch of different facebook groups set up for that reason. I also joined all the facebook pages mountain bike clubs in the areas I wanted to ride at, as a lot of them will...
  3. cinnyis

Downhill shuttles, Kinglake.

How much are the shuttles? And where exactly do they take off (haven't ridden king lake yet)
  4. cinnyis

Lake Mountain Super-G 2016

Course difficulty ? I saw this event pop up on Facebook and I'm really interested but I've got no idea what the trails are like at Lake Mountain difficulty wise. The short video they've created makes it look fairly tame. I mostly ride at the you yangs and I'm comfortable on the black runs...
  5. cinnyis

Yarra Trails regulars

strava actually have this new "feature" called fly bys. After you've completed your ride you can look at your ride and see the other strava users who passed you, the exact spot AND their entire ride. If you were on strava not only could you comment on his ride, but if he hasn't got his address...
  6. cinnyis

Yarra Trails regulars

This morning I rode Burke rd to Han's loop. Trails are holding up very well, most of the puddles from last weekend have dried up. That pump track looks heaps better than I was imagining! Looking forward to it reopening.
  7. cinnyis

Yarra Trails regulars

I'm always very happy when the pump track at the youies has no one on it. Heaps of fun every time. Can't wait for this one to reopen. Didn't even know this was there until a couple of weeks ago [emoji2]
  8. cinnyis

Yarra Trails regulars

Need to work on my bunnyhop :-|
  9. cinnyis

Yarra Trails regulars

I thought I was already on your list but didn't get an invitation to the last work session. I've just sent you an email to add me. Would love to help out. Riding these trails more and more now.
  10. cinnyis

Melbourne Ladies Social Trail Rides?

Hi, I realise this thread isn't very recent, but thought I'd add my 2 cents for any new riders looking for somewhere to start. I've found the "Dirt Skirts" monthly rides organised by the Geelong Mountain Bike Club to be great. They cater to all abilities and I've found riding with them has...
  11. cinnyis

Yarra Trails regulars

This is absolutely terrifying. It looks like it was a random attack and happened before 7pm - it'd would have still been daylight! http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/girl-17-killed-in-suburban-doncaster-in-koonung-creek-linear-reserve-20150318-1m1t65.html I've never ridden around that area, but...
  12. cinnyis

Yarra Trails regulars

Am I the only one who can't get the link from redbruce to work? It looks like the forum may have shortened it?
  13. cinnyis

Yarra Trails regulars

Great work on the billabong maintenance and thank you for your efforts. When I was there last Friday the ground seemed rock hard so well done guys. Hoping to take a look tomorrow night.
  14. cinnyis

Yarra Trails regulars

Happy to put my money where my mouth is and help out. If you reckon you're right for tools, I'll ride there, if not I'm happy to drive and bring an extra shovel. I don't live far away from the section I think you're talking about. I've actually only ridden it once. I'm assuming this is the section?
  15. cinnyis

Yarra Trails regulars

Hmm so it sounds like I should make an effort to meet up with Big JD on sunday and learn. What tools are you bringing, and I'll see if I have anything in the helpful in the garage.