Recent content by converge11

1. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

I haven't checked this in ages. I'm slack with racing so far this year. Our mtb trails are too good not to ride at the moment so I've barely been to the track. Decided to sell my staats 20inch and just going to ride cruiser this year. Too slack to ride both haha
  2. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

Sounds like the go. At least with tall bars you can always space the stem back down. But my stem is maxed out as tall as it can go
  3. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

Rode my mates bike with perfect 10 bars. They are massive but I was surprised at how nice it rode. Im wanting to get myself some 8.5s. Wanna get wider bars too as I'm only 27" wide.
  4. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

While we're talking injuries though, my wife got tangled up going over a jump at qld country Champs a few weeks ago and basicly landed on her head. She kept racing all weekend but had headaches. Now she says she has a bit of a click when turning her head and gets headaches. Should she a) see a...
  5. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

I get this mate. Stretch up before riding. Even muck around manualing in the street is enough to throw mine out. I learnt my lesson a few weeks ago on the sprint stand showing my son a demo. Did two explosive Starts and my back was in ruins for about a week. Funnily enough I can still ride when...
  6. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

Nah hes never knocked me off, but he's abused me a million times for being dirty and trying to take him out.. I think some people need to remember that it's a contact racing sport. If someone pushs you up a berm or dive bombs your line, I would hardly call it dirty. Sometimes we just loose...
  7. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

Sorry. I just get the shits when people blame others for crashes. Crashes are going to happen to everyone. I've been blatantly pushed off my bike before and it sucks,I know, but at the end of the day you take the risks to get ahead in the race or you may as well not line up on the gate. That's...
  8. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

Bit harsh to say she was riding well out of her ability. She must have been riding well enough to get in front
  9. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

I'm pretty sure with most dxr style ally cranks you can't really go wrong. They are all pretty much the same design. If it were me though I'd be getting the promax ones cause they look shit hot ;)
  10. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

Anyone got an old white industries freewheel they no longer need? Chasing one for my young fella and don't really want to buy a new one
  11. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

I've possibly done something to my wrist also. Sometimes gets painful after training. But since strapping it its generally fine. You tried a wrist strap on yours?
  12. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

Howd you place mate?
  13. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

My mrs reckons sprinkle a bit of baking soda on it and let it sit a bit then when you wash it put a bit of vinegar in the fabric softener part of the washing machine then a day in the sun drying. She did that with some of my old stinky shoes once and it did good haha
  14. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

im just going to throw this out there for anyone who has a 661 comp/abd bmx helmet. when i first got mine, just looking inside i figured the liner wasnt removable. and after many google searchs i found the same info and alot of people thinking the same thing. well they DO come out, and quite...
  15. converge11

The BMX Race thread.

Buy a spin bike while you're off and keep your legs moving.