Recent content by D01

1. D

The discount code thread

You got lucky. I've got a Bike24 order that was one day behind yours, tracking says it's still in Frankfurt.
  2. D

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

The whole of Australia only has 2230 ICU beds.
  3. D

Little Things You Love

Passive aggressive printers..
  4. D

The QUICK question thread.....

Haha. Yep, they're already in the bin.
  5. D

Thanks, that's what I thought. Part #2 is hard plastic, and even tough I'm tightening #3 pretty hard it's not deforming to sit flush on the rim. All the other valves I've used have had an oring or soft rubber washer in #2 spot, if I tighten it further I was worried about it damaging the rim...
  6. D

Does anyone know how these Schwalbe tubeless valves are supposed to work? Instead of a small oring there's a hard plastic thing with a concave bit.
  7. D

Fire Warnings

8. D

Fire Warnings

Look on the bright side, you get to find stuff that's been missing for ages. Seriously though, all the best with it. 10kms is not far, start preparing now.
  9. D

Fire Warnings

The picture in that story shows a wombat down at Tallowa dam, anyone that's been there would have seen the terrible state they have been in for years, they're all infected with mange and due to stupid bureaucracy they've been unable to be treated. They die a slow horrible death while infecting...
  10. D

Fire Warnings

The Fires Near Me app became not very helpful for us in the last week or so. For example the fire at the Sussex Inlet intersection that was all over the national news didn't show up for a couple of days. We used the satellite hot spot imaging from geoscience Australia. Then get wind predictions...
  11. D

Fire Warnings

A funny thing happened when the southerly wind blew in on one of those hot days a couple of weeks ago. The fire was pretty much directly south of us 8 or 9 kms away. When the wind kicked in and caused the fire to kick off, the smoke from the fire billowed straight up and over the top of us. We...
  12. D

Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

I was surprised at the number of firies that came through my place blaming the greens for this. One validated it saying the EPA has shut down a lot of hazard reduction because the poor city folk don't like the smoke it causes.
  13. D

Fire Warnings

Not going on holidays to fire threatened places like the south coast of NSW would be a good start. That's a pretty good indication of someone's concern and selfishness to me. It's been a stressful last two weeks for us, but the fire came through our place Saturday evening. Finally. It's...
  14. D

Little Things You Hate

Putting on the rubber boots that came with the hose and not the levers..
  15. D

Fire Warnings

We had one of those storms form yesterday afternoon, some thunder and a few sooty raindrops and it was gone. It's kind of cruel because it really feels like its going to really rain heavily and put the fire out.