Recent content by damian_eley

1. D

Yarra Trails regulars

Hi Green_chairs It looks like Emerson and I are still going to be riding if you are keen, same time same place.
  2. D

Yarra Trails regulars

Yeah I did spot that. Besides it was just on loan after it was pinched off me :bounce:
  3. D

Yarra Trails regulars

I rode in this morning so I'm going to be riding home to Eltham, provided it's not lashing down I'm planning to hit up the single track on the way.
  4. D

Yarra Trails regulars

I don't think I can manage 3 days in a row, so I'm going to pike out tonight but I will be along tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting a tour of some of the single track closer to the city, maybe see if I can include some of it in my commute.
  5. D

Is this the sweetest HT 29er Frame going?

I must admit I like the look of the stainless Cotic Solaris http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ding-dong-stainless-931-cotic Shame its only a prototype
  6. D

Yarra Trails regulars

Huw at Commuter Cycles was running a Wednesday night ride from the boat house but I haven't heard anything for a few weeks. It may be worth giving him a try though
  7. D

[VIC] 26" Stans Crest on Hope Pro 2 Hubs - SOLD

bump - price drop
  8. D

I'm not sure what they actually weigh, 1600 ish sounds about right. I can weigh them tonight and let you know.
  9. D

Sold sold sold
  10. D

Post your 29er!

Good to see its gone to a good home Ben, you just need some fat tyres for a bit of off road action now.
  11. D

[MGG] Melbourne Gravel Grinders #1 -" Hurtsbridge" 6/2/11

Thanks again to Blakey and the other organisers it was a great day out. Coaster - I just checked on mapMyRide and it says the total climb was 723m, I'm not sure how accurate that is - it felt like more than that. Still it made a nice long hit out before the Odyssey.
  12. D

Full face helmets for XC?

Giro used to make a helmet called the switchblade that could be converted between a full face and a XC type helmet. I'm not sure if they still make them (or if they are Oz standard) but I sounds like it would be perfect for you needs.
  13. D

29ers are faster - its offical (well maybe)

Just spotted an article on cycling news about some independent tyre/wheel tests and there was an interesting sections on 29ers The full article is here http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/tech-feature-the-work-of-wheel-energy
  14. D

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

Chalk up another snapped chain. I snapped mine yesterday grinding up a big hill while getting in some preparation for the odyssey. I've ordered a new XT chain to replace it to try and avoid any similar problem on race day. I also ordered some of the bontrager rim strips the other day as well...