Is this the sweetest HT 29er Frame going?

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2012 GT Xizang 9'r titanium 29er, haven't rode one, but this would be my choice of frame for a 29er HT build, great lines and modern features.

1312898365030-1c3if8n3sao8z-670-75.jpg

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
2012 GT Xizang 9'r titanium 29er, haven't rode one, but this would be my choice of frame for a 29er HT build, great lines and modern features.

View attachment 232490
I'll say no and raise you this bad boy, just look at it :very_drunk:

but yes the GT is very nice, and who doesn't want a Xizang really?! Especially all the GT fan boys on here! :p

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok interesting .... yes wins on curvey line category, has very short chain stays - seat is hanging over wheel.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
hard eddy

doesnt float my boat. I sorry but there is nothing unique here - be surpriced if you could tell the ride difference between this and a Hong Kong Fooee special - you will certainly tell the 1000 bucks price difference. Yes it comes with SS drop outs but not sure how chain is tensioned.
Now their other carbon frames are special - big fan of Intense

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
doesnt float my boat. I sorry but there is nothing unique here - be surpriced if you could tell the ride difference between this and a Hong Kong Fooee special - you will certainly tell the 1000 bucks price difference. Yes it comes with SS drop outs but not sure how chain is tensioned.
Now their other carbon frames are special - big fan of Intense
Thats just a replaceable hanger isn't it??

I'm a blackcat fan myself.

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Love that Wolfhound. I prefer that over the GT myself.
I posted this bad boy a little while ago.
Its still on my want list but that wolfhound's got me thinking.
The Intense does nothing for me either.
Brings nothing new to the arena other than a label which I don't have much respect for after previous experiences.

http://www.kingdombike.com/TheKingdom/?p=1230

Attachments

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Love that Wolfhound. I prefer that over the GT myself.
I posted this bad boy a little while ago.
Its still on my want list but that wolfhound's got me thinking.
The Intense does nothing for me either.
Brings nothing new to the arena other than a label which I don't have much respect for after previous experiences.

http://www.kingdombike.com/TheKingdom/?p=1230
wow, time to get some details, if that's well priced that could solve my 29er gap.

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
I`m still waiting on your Peruvian connection.
That raw finish on an agressive handling steel HT would ring my bell, as does the GT in the first post.
Now do I want sliding dropouts or.....

Cheers
MH

P.S.
Young bloke still reckons you need to wash your ute.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I`m still waiting on your Peruvian connection.
That raw finish on an agressive handling steel HT would ring my bell, as does the GT in the first post.
Now do I want sliding dropouts or.....

Cheers
MH

P.S.
Young bloke still reckons you need to wash your ute.
I washed it last week, everytime I wash the bugger it rains..like it's meant to rain tomorrow too.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No secret I'm a big GT fan, I would love a new Xizang but would still prefer a mid to late 90's model.

Those other rigs look like wax models left in the sun too long.

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
Intense has 135, 142*12 and single speed droupouts.

Everything that they make is sexier than a sexy thing with beer.

MB

Intense Australia
Intense has 135, 142*12 and single speed droupouts.

Everything that they make is sexier than a sexy thing with beer.
Correct on all counts there C.Dunlop!

JD, I'm a little surprised you don't like it - Your previous 29ers have had similar curvy lines. To say it's the same as a catalogue bike? Unlikely. I haven't seen one just yet (next week we should get lucky!) but it will be quite different in construction, quality and geo to the vast cesspool of Chinese shitters out there, I assure you of that. It's also fair to say that my knowledge of 29ers is perhaps quite limited compared to yours mate... Maybe I should stick to talking about 26" duallies?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
nope their FS are my cuppa tea - sorry Moonie

Correct on all counts there C.Dunlop!

JD, I'm a little surprised you don't like it - Your previous 29ers have had similar curvy lines. To say it's the same as a catalogue bike? Unlikely. I haven't seen one just yet (next week we should get lucky!) but it will be quite different in construction, quality and geo to the vast cesspool of Chinese shitters out there, I assure you of that. It's also fair to say that my knowledge of 29ers is perhaps quite limited compared to yours mate... Maybe I should stick to talking about 26" duallies?
No mate you are more than knowledgeable and yes it will completely outshine ebay cheapy chinas (cheap shot really). You know I am a big Intense fan (owned three) but this really doesnt do it for me and the riding I do. If I was a wippet XC racer type then perhaps but there are just so many carbon 29er HT options now that they all really look the similar. I like my HTs steel or Ti. I would suggest a Phil Wood Eccentric BB or their external ones to get chain tension for SSing on the F.Ed. Now the new Carbine or new Spider float my boat more and would seriously tempt me to change ships (29 to 26) but since everything I own is 29er it would have to be a Spider 29er built beefie - I am really missing FS -my lower back is anyway so I look at F Ed and go into spasms.

Just my personal opinion based on superficial, non scientific suggestion and rumoring with no grounds in reality.