Recent content by dontfeelcold

1. D

NSW SOLD Avalanche Racing Fox 40 damper (fits 09-21)

Yes, it has the blow off valving installed.
  2. D

Price drop to $300 + $20 postage
  3. D

Item: Avalanche Racing Fox 40 damper (fits 09-21) Location: Schofields, NSW Item Condition: Used but in excellent condition Reason for selling: removed when selling the bike it was in Price and price conditions: $300 +$20 postage ono Extra Info: Makes the bike ride unbelievably well. Soaks up...
  4. D

Does anyone know where I may get more of these water bottles?

Yes it does say Shimano Dura-ace on the side. The one that broke was white and had Blackmanns Bicycles on it. I figured it's a generic bottle.
  5. D

Does anyone know where I may get more of these water bottles?

I had 2 of these and one recently broke so I'm after more as they work well and don't fall out of my bottle cages. These particular bottles have dimples around the bottle near the top, a translucent strip that shows how much fluid is in them and are of the type that have a drip proof valve...
  6. D

SOLD Just a couple of items

Item: POC Ankle guards (one size) Location: Quakers Hill, NSW Item Condition: Tried them on, haven't ridden with them Reason for selling: Don't like them Price and price conditions: $10 + $10 postage SOLD Pictures: Item: Time cleats Location: Quakers Hill, NSW Item Condition...
  7. D

NSW SOLD Kona Operator 2011 Large

No longer for sale
  8. D

NSW SOLD Kona Operator 2011 Large

Item: Kona Operator 2011 Large Suits someone 6'+ and 90kg+ Location: Quakers Hill, NSW Item Condition: Used but everything is in very good condition Reason for selling: No more DH Price and price conditions: $1400 Extra Info: Located in Quakers Hill, 2763, NSW. 2011 Large Frame, painted...
  9. D

Drilling a BB drain hole

BB threads would be done after welding. Lots of bikes are finished machined after welding. It's much easier to add a couple of millimetres for distortion and finish machine the headtube, bottom bracket and pivot points afterwards. My Kona is done this way and a friends NS soda FR is the same...
  10. D

Shoulder separation - down the track

Yep, that was through private health cover. It covered most of the hospital stay and barely any of the surgery. Medicare gave heaps back on the surgery. I have a stud holding the ligament onto the joint. Over time the ligament reattaches to the bone. The only thing I find uncomfortable is...
  11. D

Shoulder separation - down the track

I did the same about 4-5 years ago. Got surgery and was back into gymnastics after 6 months. Was riding a bike on the bike path after 3 weeks and back in the bush after 4 months, $3500 well spent.
  12. D

I didn't want to do this, but.... Howling/vibrating Zee brake on Devinci Dixon.

Is the rotor in line with the disc in every way? Don't grease where the pads and piston's touch. Put the brake adaptor on the frame and caliper (separately) by hand to make sure that all mounting faces are flat to one another. Try chamfering the trailing and leading edges of the pad...
  13. D

What the heck is Sugru? Cool stuff for fussy Mtb mongrels

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=sugru+chainstay+protector&espv=2&biw=1024&bih=653&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=3NakVNTrFs7g8AXT3YCIBg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
  14. D

What the heck is Sugru? Cool stuff for fussy Mtb mongrels

Makes great chainstay protectors.
  15. D

SOLD DT Swiss rear axle and Kenda front tyre

Price drop on both items.