Recent content by drivebytrucker

1. D

QLD Please delete

hi mate, would you consider swapping for a SC Bronson?
  2. D

Queenstown - February 2014

base I have use pinewood 3 times, and this year stayed at base in town. I would say I will be sticking with base from now on. no workshop facilities though, but vertigo is next door.
  3. D

purpose built not dual purpose I have toyed with them for a while now, and IMO my first efforts were on a bike designed for both, in 26inch it cornered like it was on rails but the bb was so low it became a problem, in 27.5 it felt odd, not bad but odd. My new bike is designed for 27.5 only...
  4. D

26inch wheels in 27.5inch size frames

I have the bilt and was running 26, it was low and super slack, it railed turns like nothing I have ever ridden, but I smashed 2 chain devices in areas where my other dedicated 26 bike were fine. my mate runs a 951 evo with 26 and says the same thing with the handling, it just rails. he is...
  5. D

Found. Wtb. Quality 190mm air shock.

if you can squeeze a 200 in I have a float ctd non kashima from a Bronson 2 rides old before taking out $200 plus p+p
  6. D

Deity Vendetta III Removal

did you grease the hell out of the spindle when you put them on? normal crank extractors wont work. have you taken the insterting sleeve off the tool? if so screw it in fully and back it off only half a turn then hit the bastard. it will only move a tiny bit but when mine sieze up I find its...
  7. D

Choice of new bike....

FTR have the santa cruz solo/5010 for $4000, wont be much more for a Bronson, if not cheaper if you scour the net. the new kona process line has got rave reviews too and the mid travel one will be right in your budget.
  8. D

2015 Giant Glory's

kovarik is all 27.5 now, dh bikes and xc. I have been riding with him for the last 6 weeks. he considers it a better choice and an improvement, more speed, more grip and hasn't noticed any downsides apart from lack of availability for proper DH tyres, and he is a sponsored rider and cant get...
  9. D

car/ute hire Queenstown

Christchurch has a rent a bomb service, utes at good prices, ch eaper to fly to than q town and a 3 hour drive then. I couldn't find a ute for rental in queenstown so I did that. or go with johno as dozer says
  10. D

DVO Emerald

RRP was $2505 AUD from NS dynamics but it depends on the exchange rate when they order them from the u.s so you may get them a bit cheaper or a little bit more depending what Aaron has to pay.
  11. D

DH Finished at last

Like the title suggests this one has been in the making for a while.
  12. D

Dh in tassie

A move to Tasmania may be on the cards. as yet the location is not decided and is open to suggestions. I know about the Glenorchy track and other areas around Hobart, but what is the DH scene like I f I went north to Launceston? in fact what and where are the best general riding areas in TAS...
  13. D

VIC found.

sorry mate mine is the 220mm eye to eye.
  14. D

VIC found.

I will check the lengths tonight mate, I have one in the shed from an old D8
  15. D

Santa Cruz Bronson/Nomad, Trek Slash, or Something else ?

The new Kona process 135 and 153 dls are getting rave reviews too. not that I am trying to complicate things by chucking in more bikes.