Recent content by EdMan

1. E

Hi all from cairns

I've been in Cairns for a few years and still haven't hit some of those tracks :) It is certainly a good scene up here. I mean, how good were the World Champs?! :D
  2. E

QLD Rrr!

What a great ride! It took me 4 hours to do the 70km which put me 115 out of 170 riders. I think it was worth doing the long ride as the first 35km still saw some great tracks that you can't ride outside race day. It would have been nice to tackle the first 35km in 2 hours but that wasn't to be...
  3. E

QLD Rrr!

http://flowmountainbike.com/features/25-years-of-the-rrr-event-preview/ I'm giving the 70km a go tomorrow and really looking forward to it. I have ridden the 35km course socially with the Cairns MTB club and that is definitely the cream of the ride. That was the course that started the RRR...
  4. E

McFlow trails and the decreasing diversity of trails

Great thread, for the most part. Up here I tend to travel between our 3 main riding areas to ride different styles of trail. Atherton is pretty flowy but it is great for it and there is plenty of trickier corners too. Davies Creek is bush tracks with a bit of machine-cut stuff up the top.. great...
  5. E

what's your winter kit?

I know right? The best weather is right now! Rode Atherton today at 1pm in the afternoon and it was pleasantly comfortable. And fun. Really fun :-)
  6. E

Long time listener, first time caller..

:-) It's not only people from interstate that move here. There are tonnes of English too. I think they come from a cold country, move to Aus then over-react and find one of the hottest places they can find ;-) EdMan
  7. E

(QLD) Paluma Push

Hi guys, It looks like Paluma Push entries are open although the site initially said it would Townsville Rockwheeler members only for the first two weeks. This event sold all 550 spots in 4 days last year. If you're interested in coming up, you'll need to be quick :-) I rode the long...
  8. E

They just finished cleaning the site.. Nothing left now. I'm a far northern transplant ;-) I started life riding Blackwood pine forest, Shepard's Hill reserve and racing the twilight series race next to Flinders Uni in Radelaide :-) EdMan
  9. E

Hi from Far North Queensland! I've been on here for years on and off but haven't really contributed much. Thought I'd change that :) I ride a 7 year old hardtail, ride in a couple of events every year and love getting out on the bike whenever I can. The riding up here is pretty good and...
  10. E

Reduced numbers in XC/marathon events? Why?

I work a rotating shift pattern and have a young family. So these days I cherry-pick events that I can use as a target to keep me out on the bike and training, despite all of my work and family commitments. For someone like me, events need to have a good atmosphere and interesting terrain...
  11. E

Cairns wc track

I just want to say that I'm loving the trails at Smithfield and that only having one of the trails as restricted access should not affect anyone's enjoyment of the area. Thanks to MudFlap for explaining how it all works too.