QLD Rrr!

EdMan

Squid
http://flowmountainbike.com/features/25-years-of-the-rrr-event-preview/

I'm giving the 70km a go tomorrow and really looking forward to it. I have ridden the 35km course socially with the Cairns MTB club and that is definitely the cream of the ride. That was the course that started the RRR and you can see where they got the name from (Rural, Rainforest, Reef). The 70km is the bucket list distance for me and I from what I can tell, most people returning for a second go just do the 35.

Is anyone else here riding it or have ridden it before?

EdMan

Squid
What a great ride! It took me 4 hours to do the 70km which put me 115 out of 170 riders. I think it was worth doing the long ride as the first 35km still saw some great tracks that you can't ride outside race day. It would have been nice to tackle the first 35km in 2 hours but that wasn't to be; this is because the long course starts at 9am and the short course started at 11am. This meant *lots* of overtaking and frequently being held up down the steepest and most fun sections of the bump track. It was still awesome. As was finishing on the beach!

All in all, great atmosphere and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
What a great ride! It took me 4 hours to do the 70km which put me 115 out of 170 riders. I think it was worth doing the long ride as the first 35km still saw some great tracks that you can't ride outside race day. It would have been nice to tackle the first 35km in 2 hours but that wasn't to be; this is because the long course starts at 9am and the short course started at 11am. This meant *lots* of overtaking and frequently being held up down the steepest and most fun sections of the bump track. It was still awesome. As was finishing on the beach!

All in all, great atmosphere and I'd recommend it to anyone.
Well done. That's another on my bucket list* too. Will get up there one year.

*events, which will require hugging a bucket after participating in.

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Was great I took the family up and done the 35km to keep fresh for more riding at Atherton and Townsville after. Managed 1h 40m after taking it easy at the start thinking Id hang with my mates. After loosing them in the dust and crowd pushed some more. Great track.