Recent content by EsPeGe

1. EsPeGe

Boostinator on dt240 rear any issues?

Yeah mate I might look into this a bit more! Good idea thanks.
  2. EsPeGe

Just re reading this. Not a bad idea but I do worry that whilst you won't lose the spacers you might end up fouling things and making it a PIA to get the wheels back in.
  3. EsPeGe

I've sent an email to Onyx to see if they have any suggestions but waiting to hear back.
  4. EsPeGe

Not a bad idea mate but the face of the freehub has "serrations" for lack of a better word so it the tape won't bond to it like it would the spacer.
  5. EsPeGe

I'm not liking the electrical tape. If it can be fixed with electrical tape then why not just epoxy the bastard in place. Not all the way around though. I'm thinking just a small tag like a weld to hold it but with a small screwdriver or similar can be broken later if you want to use the old...
  6. EsPeGe

Yeah mate is def does but it's not suitable for my wheels. I have onyx racing hubs so these won't fit.
  7. EsPeGe

Hi all, to revive an old thread I've just had to get Boost spacer kits for front and back. I've used the Problem Solvers ones and whilst they seem to do the job they are a complete dick drag to install. You need to be a fucking octopus to get the wheels back in as you have to hold the spacer (or...
  8. EsPeGe

Rear Wheel. Spokes Detensioning. Creaking noise under braking or climbing.

Another thing I've heard about but not seen is when you tension the spokes you should actually go slightly past the tension point then back it off very slightly. This is to "untwist" the spoke. I've heard if it's not done when ridden the spoke can unwind and then be loose. If your builder didn't...
  9. EsPeGe

XT M8000 Bleed Issue

Hey man another idea that might help, the pistons may be seized up a bit. Try using something like Isopropyl alcohol or brake cleaner with one of those long thin hose attachments to get it right into the space around the pistons. Then use a cotton bud with a small amount of brake fluid and run...
  10. EsPeGe

custom wheel builds - feedback

Ali Clarkson Wheel build This guy builds wheels for Danny Macaskill as well as rides trials with him. He knows his shit and this video is how I learnt to build wheels. It's super easy to follow and so far I've built 8 wheels and no issues with any of them. The wheels I built before my Canada...
  11. EsPeGe

Sea Otter at Stromlo

Glad they rescheduled instead of cancelled.
  12. EsPeGe

Yeah they are heavy on paper but I'm fucked if I've ever noticed when riding, especially when they get rolling. The issue I have with Onyx new vesper hubs is that they are more expensive here than their original hubs whilst overseas they are cheaper. And Fuck me they'll cost you about $1100 here...
  13. EsPeGe

I've got 3 sets of them and have had zero issues. I have just replaced the bearing on the first set I got after 3 years or hard riding. They've been sweet and probably could've kept using them but figured it was time. They are super easy to service yourself and have a couple of good videos on...
  14. EsPeGe

If you are going to run I9 or Hopes then definitely check out the Onyx hubs. about $900 for a set so not much different from the other two, completely silent and literally instant engagement.
  15. EsPeGe

It's called fashion Karen, look it up

Wise beyond her years!!!!