Recent content by Eval

1. E

Looking at purchasing 2013 Giant Anthem X Advanced 29er 1 - Any issues or ...

I have the black and blue anthem advanced anthem 29er. It was a warranty replacement for my old 09 anthem x1 that eventually cracked at the top tube seat tube weld. Giant actually supplied a fox ctd fork and american classic wheels along with the carbon frame. All free of charge! :rockon...
  2. E

2011 Anthem 29er x1 - cracked frame

...and they gave me my old bike back sans frame!
  3. E

2011 Anthem 29er x1 - cracked frame

Mine cracked too My 2009 26-in cracked at the top tube junction too. I've got to say giant we're absolutely unreal in the warranty. They replaced it with a 29er; I politely requested a carbon frame (the blue and black carbon xo), they also supplied me a fox fork ctd kashima coat remote lockout...
  4. E

Anthem x advanced 29er front derailleur type

Some good ideas in this discussion, thanks fellas. Had not considered xx1 with 1x10. I ride the canberra trails, stromlo, sparrow etc. What front ring should i go for? 32, 34, 36 or 38t? I dont want to be overgeared. I do enjoy the ups more than the downs, and so like to give the body a good...
  5. E

Anthem x advanced 29er front derailleur type

Fellas - am building up an anthem 29er and there appears to be.a few options for the front derailleur. I know it is a top pull but is it a high clamp or low clamp? Looking at getting the 2x10 xt groupie. Thanks!
  6. E

James Williamson Enduro Challenge

Great event.. Rode the 50 and finished up to my own expectations of 2hr30min - a quick first lap - a little longer on the second but finished strong. Through the final single track I rounded up a bloke I had been chasing for 20kms. Knocked 9 minutes off my 2012 effort. :becky: Traction was...
  7. E

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

Exposure Diablo Mk 2 Just ordered the Exposure Diablo Mk2. I've found that having just a bar light is not quite sufficient for seriously twisty single track. The bar light I currently use is a 1200 lumen Exposure MaxxD and now when I add 900 lumen on my bonce, it will round off an excellent...
  8. E

Diablo Delmar - Is there enough candlepower on med in the diablo? Sounds like I might need a piggyback battery to run it on high for any length of time. Would you recommend a diablo? Any negatives with the piggyback? My main requirement is for a lightweight powerful head unit. I was...
  9. E

Exposure MaxxD mk3 Have just purchased the MaxxD and am very impressed so far. Pros: very broad even spread of light 1200 lumen Really cool quick release bar mount - stays in place and is rock solid Uk build quality, machining, fit and finish 3+ hr run time on hi beam No cables! 330g...
  10. E

flat carbon bar help.

Before you buy, I'd have a good read of this article. Would you buy the Ritchey WCS carbon flat bar.....?? Be careful on your selection.:(
  11. E

2010 Angry Doctor

Made it! Bib no. 397 for the 100km option.
  12. E

Capital Punishment is GO

I rode the tracks of Majura this morning and they have pulled up very well after last weekend. Arguably, they are in better condition now than prior to the race. There is a top layer of mud/clay that has settled down smoothly that makes for a fast and grippy surface.
  13. E

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

Please stay on topic. Gents - please don't degrade this excellent thread on THE MONT into personal attacks or 'dirtbike vs mtb commentary.....blah blah blah'. Save it for another topic. Our team of 4 managed pretty well with a respectable lap count given a serious lack of training leading...
  14. E

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

Whoa big crash Hey Ron - I was waiting in transition waiting for our rider to come through when I saw your crash. PM sent.
  15. E

Rotor rub - hub related??

Try lubing the qr release lever and cam. It maybe that the joint is dry and you 'think' that the wheel is on tight, but it may be 'loose'. A dry/gritty qr lever will affect axle preload and in turn change the rotor position when the frame is loaded.