Recent content by floz

1. F

Tubeless - puncture not sealing

I got a Velox Tubeless Repair Kit, and patched a tyre with a 2 cm cut caused by a stick going through my rear tyre. The patches don't flex like normal patches for tubes, so no bulge occurs. So far so good.
  2. F

Post your 29er!

So, are you bringing it out to the Billabong in a couple of weeks???
  3. F

How to deal with someone stealing food?

Hot english mustard, lots of it. Add chilli powder.
  4. F

Coomie 3hr Enduro

The course is on a riverine floodplain consisting of predominately grey cracking clays. The terrain is relatively flat, however, the course is set up on mostly single track that is quite tight and twisty, and undulates through a series of dry creek beds and up and down a red loamy terrace on...
  5. F

Riding is bad for your sexual function?

I've got a third kid on the way so I would not rely on riding for contraception.
  6. F

120Y appreciation thread

A close mate of mine rolled his mum's 120Y - 120m uphill in a paddock after it left the road just out of town in a 60 zone. He still drove it home too.
  7. F

Post Your Roadie !

I was on my second bottle of plonk and after seeing that, i think I will have to go to bed, I'm either too drunk and can't see straight (fuck its wobbly) or i need to get a load off. I'm not really sure. It would be interesting to ride on the dirt roads I though.
  8. F

Hutchinson Python

I would not bother, they work better that way anyway.
  9. F

50/50 Road/Trail Tyre?

I would recommend knobby tyres that has knobs close together in the centre, such as Geax Saguaro, Schwalbe Smart Sam, Maxxis Ranchero or Crossmark or Continental Race Kings. I'm currently being using the Smart Sams for the last 3 years on 60% dirt, 40% road and the buggers just wont wear out...
  10. F

Is my cassette broken?

I have snapped a tooth off the 14t cog 4 years ago on a cassette that was only a couple of months old. Took it into the LBS and they replaced the entire cassette no questions asked.
  11. F

Trek Fuel Ex 9.8

Very niiiiice! I bet it rails real good. Interested to know how the tyres perform too.
  12. F

Cross country/commuter tyres

I use Schwalbe Smart Sam for commuting about 60km a day on a combination of roads and singletracks and also XC racing. Suitable for all road and off-road conditions, smooth fast rolling and reliable knobby tyre, mine are fairly heavy (800g each) for 2.25" wire beads. The foldable version are a...
  13. F

That time of year... the snakes are out!!

Your thinking is pretty much spot on, Cat. As an Environmental Scientist, my experience tells me that the chances of finding a snake on a stinking hot day are low, unless you are out and about in the morning or around dusk. There is a higher chance if there is a food source around, such as...
  14. F

Runing no ust Schwalbe tyres with stans

I've had no problems running that configuration.
  15. F

The Beautiful Women Thread.

She looks fit