Recent content by gassyndrome

1. G

More fuel for the 'Core Training' Fire - Nino Schurter training video

That sure is....ahem....'innovative'. I'm sure it probably does have some activation benefits pre-ride, but you could accomplish exactly the same thing with some glute bridges, goblet squats, hip mobility stuff, etc. I have one of the TRX things, which is a great tool, but what he is doing...
  2. G

1x10 without a chainguide

It didn't create any problems for me. Worked perfectly until I obliterated said bike.
  3. G

Anthem Advanced SX alternatives

Watching this thread with a lot of interest. I'm in exactly the same basket and looking at the same bikes and riding on the same trails. Rode the Trek Fuel (great bike) Speciailized Camber SWorks (didn't really like) Trance Advanced (great bike but too much bike) and hopefully will get a ride on...
  4. G

Turner Czar owners? Tell me about yours.

Big JD - I spoke to BullAnt yesterday (thoroughly nice chap) who said he could get a Sultan frame quicker than the Czar, which is getting some updates in the new production run. I wasn't interested in another Sultan (too much travel and gnar for me in the current version) so didn't follow up...
  5. G

OP here. Haven't got around to investigating this. Really need to get my act into gear as it's now three months without an MTB and the old pants are getting a bit snug... I'm just not sure if my skills justifies a $7 or 8k bike in the end and that's probably the low ball to do justice to that...
  6. G

ACT AMB 100 Marathon - 8 February 2015, Stromlo

Bloody hot day to be doing 100 miles! Kudos to anyone capable of doing it.
  7. G

Thanks chaps, plenty to think about there. I haven't got in touch with BullAnt yet as I'm just thinking about it - after a month or two or practising eating pies and chips, I wouldn't really deserve to ride one right now anyway. I am 6'3, 85-90 kegs and would be riding for fun, not weight weenie...
  8. G

Hi all, So I just totalled my faithful 09 DW Link Sultan the day after Xmas, sadly on my first ride of my vacation, and it's time to think about the next bike. While I loved the Sultan for every minute, I think the Czar being speedier, lighter, perhaps a bit more nimble but seemingly pretty...
  9. G

Trek Top Fuel 8 2010 Build

Cool project. That should be a ripper. I went 1x10 a while ago and it's awesome for everything I do; most importantly it is silent and light! Might not have the range for really flat XC depending how good your legs are.
  10. G

1x10 without a chainguide

Hey jacko. Got a pic of how you've set it up? I've just put a 32t RaceFace NW on this weekend and I'm yet to hit the road with it but looking to get out to Stromlo this week. Do you have the RaceFace graphics facing out or the other side? What crank? Mine is replacing the 3x9 X9 and the chain...
  11. G

New Shimano brakes - how bad is this?

Thanks all. I will go the full bleed then before I hyperventilate. I did do the oil funnel on top of the shifter thing as a number of online threads talk about and that did get some bubbles out but they are still squishy. Now that I think about it it may have been a little soft straight out...
  12. G

New Shimano brakes - how bad is this?

Hey all - just stuck on some new Shimano brakes while I did a 1/10 conversion. I shortened the rear hose which seemed to go quite well using the instructions here (http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/blog/shorten-shimano-hoses-without-bleeding/), but now they have no lever feel, there is a...
  13. G

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I'm tossing up buying the same bits this arvo. Just curious though why the chain guide? Do you have a clutch derailleur?
  14. G

Yeti SB75

I'm no shredder but I have them. Reassuring to have the platform there and they are bloody indestructible.
  15. G

Intermittent Fasting

Mark Mosley, the presenter of the show has a book about the exact diet he used on Amazon. Gets good reviews - might be interesting for a read. The show was a little superficial but then it is tv....