Recent content by gcouyant

1. gcouyant

Number plate on bike rack

Not as pissed as someone else I know. A printed licence plate on the back so she scored the same fine as yours for obscuring the authorised plate *plus* $600 for displaying a non-authorised plate - bonus. A $1k outing thank you very much.
  2. gcouyant

Number plate on bike rack

That's a tough one to cop Michael particularly since an empty bike rack on the back of the car is legal now. There is a push within the various state regulatory bodies to make exceptions for sporting equipment and empty bike racks is one of many we'll see being rolled out.
  3. gcouyant

Product Review ISI 2 bike carrier 2x4x4

Good point Goobags - clearance that only really occurs because the 4x4x2 bicycle carrier encourages the operator to actually place bikes side by side. Traditional platform carrier wheel support cradles are fixed vertically but with this bicycle carrier, each wheel support cradle has two...
  4. gcouyant

Product Review ISI 2 bike carrier 2x4x4

Good on you for the mods Wojo. Glad it's working out. Hopefully the following suggestions assist as well. The two offset vertical support posts actually play a very important role in stabilising the bicycles right at the strongest part of the tup tube *and* allow the bicycles to be positioned...
  5. gcouyant

NSW FOUND : Bike Rack/Carrier - Free standing (No hanging from top tube)

Sutts we'll be turning over our rental stock in the new year and may have modular components to suit. These are normally snapped up by friends and family but you mentioned a Land Cruiser so you have my attention. Something like this: Which can also be swapped to this...
  6. gcouyant

Beechworth/ Yack

There’s plenty of riding to keep you entertained in Beechworth. It's a regular haunt for us and we were there for several days two weeks ago. The MTB park is rocky with trail design that takes advantage of much of the natural features and good fun. The best line is often right over the top of...
  7. gcouyant

No hitch mount on car?

Good stuff. The offer's always there goobags. For what it's worth, you can add more pivot base mounts and have them in each vehicle and trailer that you would like to travel with. Then pin the carrier assembly to any vehicle quickly and easily via the two gold coloured pivot pins in the image...
  8. gcouyant

No hitch mount on car?

Goobags – I just read your other post…. Gold. Thank you very much for your purchase. We really appreciate it. I'm sure that you will be very pleased with your new bicycle carrier and will enjoy many years of adventure travel with it. FYI, with a 2” class 4 receiver tube that is now on your...
  9. gcouyant

Fit a bike in a ute tub

Laying the bike in the tub with wheel(s) off will work but not really secure unless you have a lockable hard lid. Easy option though. All you’re doing is making it easier for someone to peel the cover back and throw the already partially dismantled bike(s) into their car. The following may or...
  10. gcouyant

Carbon Wheels what does it feel like riding one ?

The delta in going from alloy carbon rims has more to do with the quality and applicability of each. As the good reverend said that going from package rims to higher end alloy like the SLRs is a transformative experience, the delta from SLR to high end carbon may not be as noticeable –...
  11. gcouyant

No hitch mount on car?

For the sake of completeness - The tow ball mount is actually a tow bar tongue mount designed to be installed onto any number of tongue configurations. Everything from the 90mm wide armed forces standard to the popular 75mm wide variety through to the emerging 65 and 60mm versions. This...
  12. gcouyant

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Joe_MTB why not take advantage of the BuyBack program? It’s detailed at the bottom of this web page here: http://www.isi-carriers.com/features.html My thoughts have always been to configure equipment that is perfect for the current demands but with a degree of flexibility for the future – a...
  13. gcouyant

2015 Simpson Desert Bike Challenge

Just beamed in from the race director somewhere in the Simpson Desert.... afternoon update: never thought I'd be saying this but... The *mud* (yes... I said "mud"...) is causing casualties. ... 3 riders swept so far this afternoon. Sweep reports that the riders are fine, but their bikes are...
  14. gcouyant

And it's bloody well started to rain! Bring on the "glue"..... where bike tyres grow and the bike puts on a few extra kg..... of mud. Those that have experienced Simpson desert glue will no doubt have taken a sudden deep breath through clenched teeth and involuntarily let out a little bit of...
  15. gcouyant

We're not selling it really well are we Billy.... Did you catch the comment about the mixed double entry this year? Nice.... It looks like Graham is putting the hammer down to claw time back of Eckart with Adam on his 3"-wide pizza cutters over the line third in this morning's stage. It's...