Recent content by Gogumby

1. G

1x11 conversion of Merida Big Nine 100

Hi Guys, writing this from the point of view of someone who has this bike and wants to do this upgrade, so it's going to be detailed to help them out (hope there are no character restrictions). Up front this bike is the minimum spec that you can get away with for a decent 1x11 hardtail...
  2. G

Newbie help required

Found this on ebay, for same price I can go with Sunrace 11-46T cassette, also fits standard Shimano hub, this will give me 0.76 - 3.19, almost covering my existing ratio's, shifter is the same (on bar) which is the important part for me, just have to lower the derailleur to clear the largest...
  3. G

Newbie help required

The PG cassette in above groupset is meant to be compatible with Shimano hub, that's why it starts from 11 not 10, at least that's as far as I can tell looking online. But then I very nearly stuffed everything up with my first attempt :). This is a specifically designed 1x11 groupset, I would...
  4. G

Newbie help required

Also as the derailleur doesn't specifically say it's a clutch type, will I need a guide on the chainring?
  5. G

Newbie help required

Hi Moorey, can I get your help with this one as well, if I replace the Shimano groupset with this SRAM one will it work, shifter has on bar mount. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SRAM-NX-1x11-Speed-Groupset-MTB-Kit-4-piece-Trigger-Shifter/401223953329?hash=item5d6acfabb1:g:2-UAAOSwXyVYJTvn...
  6. G

Newbie help required

Thanks Moorey, you really saved my ass here, current set up is both the shifters and brake levers band-on mounts, with m6000 or m7000 they will both be Ispec mounts, so I'll have to upgrade the brake lever to the compatible Ispec mount at the same time. I was trying to keep things simple, seems...
  7. G

Newbie help required

Hi Guys, new to the forum, looking for a bit of a double check on what I plan to do and if I've missed anything. I have a 2017 Merida Big Nine 100 with Shimano Alivo gearing and a FH-TX505 freehub. It's currrently 3x9 giving ratio's of 0.71 -3.98. I want to upgrade to 1x10 and believe I'll...