Recent content by goobags

1. G

Electric Vehicles etc

HICE (Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engines) are a thing. Cleaner than petrol/diesel but still have issues with NOx. Also have the problems associated with hydrogen and no perks of BEV Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. G

Electric Vehicles etc

Then you jump back in an ICE car and wonder why regen braking isn’t working while approaching a stop sign with your foot off the accelerator. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. G

The gaming thread

Buy the SSD mentioned in the bargain buys thread. A couple of games and internal storage will be maxed out. Apart from that play some FPS and wait till MW2 is released in 9 days. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. G

Bargain buys thread

Literally just installed a much more expensive ($/TB) drive in my PS5. Where was this a few weeks ago? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. G

When do you think we will travel with the bike again?

I would never pack a helmet in a bike bag. Baggage handlers can smash a bike, a helmet doesn’t stand a chance. Could also crack it and you not see it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. G

Little Things You Hate

Auspost Parcel Post. Shipped item from Melbourne on the 19th September. Made it to Sydney, sat there for a few days, then Perth for a few days, back in Sydney now and no movement for a few days. Only going to Newcastle, so saying it will be delivered sometime next week. Can’t put a complaint...
  7. G

Electric Vehicles etc

Zappi charger, Tesla car and Home Assistant to control it all. Can start/stop charging at any time, battery percentage or just anything you can think of. Only thing I can’t do is adjust the charge rate. I have even set it up to pre heat the car but only on days I’m working, ambient temperature...
  8. G

Electric Vehicles etc

Hybrid adds to the complexity but in some cases BEV would reduce complexity. No spark plugs, MAF sensors, boost sensors, fuel pumps, filters, automatic transmissions blah blah Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. G

Electric Vehicles etc

I’m sure it wouldn’t be the battery itself or the battery management system. Mine has had chargers errors before when the plug isn’t all the way in so the lock tab doesn’t actually lock in. Similar sound to described above, tries to lock it multiple times then gives up and won’t let it charge...
  10. G

The gaming thread

Don’t play Warzone if you want a fair game. I think the cheats get called out and there are some very very good players out there. If you are playing team death match that’s not where the tactics lie. Also I assume you are a contributing member of society up against people with nothing better...
  11. G

Electric Vehicles etc

I am also curious on that. Given all chargers are required to meet the IEC standard, it’s surprising that one, public, fast or otherwise could damage the car Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. G

The gaming thread

Why don’t you like those games? I had an hour or two on it and thought the maps were laid out well and it was fairly balanced gameplay. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. G

Electric Vehicles etc

I’ll take my Model 3 SR+ in the wet over any RWD dial cab Ute with all terrains on it. Even with traction and stability control the old Amarok could step the back out with ease to the point of no return Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. G

Marino Bike Co rigs.

Plus frame flex that is way out. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. G

Little Things You Hate

Three Macs in the house all backup to a NAS in mirrored RAID, that NAS then backs up to another local NAS but only one drive. I also do remote backups every once in awhile, probably due again to do it which is just a spinny drive sent to my parents, labelled very well so it doesn’t get borrowed...