Recent content by GrooveJet

1. G

Girls in the Newcastle area?

Yeah I ride in Newy, but I dont race at club rounds...or any rounds really. I ride XC usually at Glenrock or Ourimbah. Have been VERY slack of late and have only been commuting to/from work on my SS. Am happy to meet up for some rides with anyone keen. :) I really need to get some kms into my...
  2. G

bike pants

Try looking at the NZO Dianes (?) i wear them (for XC) they are lose around the belly...not exactly low rise though. I think you can get them online at Torp7 sometimes. I have one pair of shockingly pink Scody low rise knicks, very comfy. Think I bought them from Rebel or something. Padding...
  3. G

101 MTB questions you probably should consider asking

I have a WTB Devo it came standard on my Giant XTC2. Had some problems at first, but now it is very comfy. Maybe my butt just got used to it, but it works a treat. Havent tried many other saddles, so not of much help.
  4. G

Girls on 29ers?

Must admit I havent seen any girls on 29ers around Newcastle. I have just started riding a fixie, but that is a different ball game. Havent seen any girls riding fixed round here either. Would love to try a 29er but dont know anyone who has one :(
  5. G

50km Dirtworks entry, who wants it?

ok, whoever wants it can have it free now, might as well. You pay the transfer fee as per Dirtworks regulations. PM me before 5pm today
  6. G

50km Dirtworks entry, who wants it?

Cardiologist has just pulled the pin on my entry damnit, so if anyone is looking for a 50 entry make me an offer.
  7. G

Sydney Uni Bike Soc

I go to USyd but live in newcastle, so probably wouldnt attend anything. If you need me as a number let me know though.
  8. G

womens clothing

Another thumbs up for Ground Effect. Also try www.nzoactive.com.au they also have a nice range. I ride with Scuffers and Diane knicks :) fast delivery as well. Sometimes the nzo stuff is on sale at Torpedo7 so you might pick up a bargain. Hope this helps.
  9. G

Female XC bike ~$1000

Ditto! Just because the manufacturer says it's a womens specific bike, doesnt mean it will feel right. I suggest having some test rides of not only women specific bikes, this will open the market up a bit for you as well. :)
  10. G

Injured & Training alternatives.

My wrist is pretty good now. I get the odd ache, but its nothing much. Still have a nice piece of gravel in my hand as a reminder of the jerk who hit me. All in all, I am so unbelievably lucky!! :D How's your wrist going?
  11. G

Riding while pregnant

my 2 cents I don't have kids so take this with a grain of salt :) I guess if you are going to have another kid, would it be wise to plan the pregnancy so you aren't 8 months pregnant at the beginning or middle of summer...daylight savings? I guess this would give you more riding time when...
  12. G

Mac Questions Thread. I killed my Mac today....

Question about external hard drives. Just wanted to know if there are any particular brands that work well with mac & any to avoid? :confused: For use on a 4yr old imac and just wanting to put a crap load of photos on it. Any suggestions would be good. Thanks
  13. G

Glenrock Trail Works next week by NPWS (starting Tues 11th Nov)

What have NPWS done to Surfers?
  14. G

Where are all the female riders on the Central Coast, NSW??

Hi Roj, Meeting tomorrow at 10:30am up near the water tanks just off Pacific Highway. Not sure about the weather though, looks like rain so maybe we will can the ride if its wet :( Ill be on the red xtc2 & in a beat up old Subaru & my friend Adam in on a black Trance & in a red honda civic...
  15. G

Where are all the female riders on the Central Coast, NSW??

No worries Theresa :D Hope we didnt slow you down too much. Am looking forward to Ourimbah! Just have to convince Adam to come with. We will probably be going to Glenrock again this weekend, the more the merrier I say :)