Recent content by ipod

1. ipod

Balfa 2step dh 2003

bump. bump.
  2. ipod

Balfa 2step dh 2003

Item: BALFA 2STEP DH 2003.. just beating around the bush atm Location: I am in sydney but posting is an option depending on what you are offering Item Condition: well, 7 year old frame i dont have high expectations. cracks and dents need not apply however.. Reason for wanting: bb7 is to much...
  3. ipod

found!: Marzocchi 66, 2005-2007

bump, still looking
  4. ipod

welding fork lowers

thanks Grip and Spinner, appreciated. Ive been hearing similar things but just wanted to see if anyones actually done it before, but from what you've said i'm guessing no ones been stupid enough. Well, four weeks till Thredbo, four weeks to get new forks.
  5. ipod

welding fork lowers

Gday, Recently I discovered a crack in my rockshox domain forks. The crack is about 30mm long and spans around the allen key bolt at the bottom. (See picture) the crack has been leaking oil for a while so it has gone the full thickness of the fork lower. Note* this isn’t my fork, but it...
  6. ipod

found!: Marzocchi 66, 2005-2007

Item: Any Marzocchi 66, 05-07. ( especially 2005 66rc) Location: Sydney, pickup preferred Price range/Willing to Pay: <$250
  7. ipod

rockshox domain/lyrik lowers

Item: rockshox domain/lyrik lowers (2008) Location: sydney Price range/Willing to Pay: will negotiate Extra Info: please and thankyou
  8. ipod

DJ JTR-SS Build MkII (homemade awesome'nss)

very nice! the welding is perfect :eek: i definantly want to do something similar in the future! (working on a hardtail at the moment)... can i ask what tubing you used for stays?
  9. ipod

Good Single Crowns?

Any marzocchi 66 from 05-07, a 66rc2 from 2006 is probably the best single crown fork ever made so you should check them out Totems are good just not the 2step air. Domains are alright but really should not be at the top of your list.
  10. ipod

Iride ---- Ipod's bikes

Balfa was a small Canadian company that went out of business in 2005. After, it became Appalache, they still maintain the hand crafted quality but are alot lighter and have a few changes. So basically a bb7 doesn't have a retail but an appalache real is around a 2k frame last time i looked. A...
  11. ipod

Iride ---- Ipod's bikes

The blue thing is a low geared SS.. cos' i believe in the invention of the freewheel The weight of the balfa is around 17 or 18, i haven't properly weighed it. Could probably get it down to 16 if i had some money to throw at it...
  12. ipod

Iride ---- Ipod's bikes

The balfa goes well, really well. Although, it would be more suited to a longer travel fork (the domains are only 160mm). I think an air sprung 66 would be perfect for it, but at the time it wasn't an option for me. IMO it handles alot better with the sc forks then it did before with the super t's.
  13. ipod

Iride ---- Ipod's bikes

These are what an ipod would ride if it wasnt a music device... and even though these aren't the flashiest bikes in the world, they do there jobs pretty well, and I like them. feedback appreciated! thanks
  14. ipod

Hanging Old Bike Frames on Walls

Ive done this with an old surfboard, just make sure not to put it near a window, it makes a pretty stupid windchime... That JustinFox guy hung some frames on his walls, he probably uploaded some pictures somewhere.. sorry i cant find a link because my internet is slow. edit: looks like a...
  15. ipod

explain your sig

my sig is: A quote that i found funny and Some text that reads "balfa pride" and when you click it, a picture of a bicycle come into view yeah...