Iride ---- Ipod's bikes

ipod

Likes Dirt
These are what an ipod would ride if it wasnt a music device... and even though these aren't the flashiest bikes in the world, they do there jobs pretty well, and I like them.

feedback appreciated!
thanks

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
wouldnt be ashamed to own a balfa mate- how does it go with the freeride single crown always thought that'd make a killer freeride bike setup like that.

Good to see you havent got caught up in the hype :p nice collection.

ipod

Likes Dirt
wouldnt be ashamed to own a balfa mate- how does it go with the freeride single crown always thought that'd make a killer freeride bike setup like that.

Good to see you havent got caught up in the hype :p nice collection.
The balfa goes well, really well. Although, it would be more suited to a longer travel fork (the domains are only 160mm). I think an air sprung 66 would be perfect for it, but at the time it wasn't an option for me. IMO it handles alot better with the sc forks then it did before with the super t's.

Lorday

Eats Squid
Colnago and balfa look tops, and the gt looks retro as, complete with sanchion covers. Is the Blue thing some sort of fixed gear or just SS?

Nice garage.

ipod

Likes Dirt
The blue thing is a low geared SS.. cos' i believe in the invention of the freewheel

The weight of the balfa is around 17 or 18, i haven't properly weighed it. Could probably get it down to 16 if i had some money to throw at it...

ipod

Likes Dirt
What do those balfa frames retail for?
I could do one right now.
Balfa was a small Canadian company that went out of business in 2005. After, it became Appalache, they still maintain the hand crafted quality but are alot lighter and have a few changes.

So basically a bb7 doesn't have a retail but an appalache real is around a 2k frame last time i looked. A balfa frame is about 600 second hand.

edit: check out this site, for more imformation on anything balfa

lol, SSC you are a funny guy (shakes head)

Last edited: